NZISM Roadshow is back for 2018. This year we are bringing you "Mind the gap - moving to ISO45001" Run by Chris Peace
The recently published ISO45001 Occupational health and safety management systems (OHSMS) is a management system standard (MSS) developed by the International Standards Organization (ISO) “to provide a framework for managing OHS risks and opportunities”. It integrates with other ISO MSS and is likely to be adopted by Standards New Zealand in 2018 or 2019 when it will become the internationally agreed, locally published best-practice for an OHSMS. As a result of its publication other guidance (eg, ILO-OSH, OHSAS18001) is being withdrawn and, after ISO45001 has been adopted, AS/NZS4801 will be withdrawn.
Many members work for organisations that may either:
- want to implement an OHSMS using ISO45001, or
- already have an OHSMS in place but wish to adapt it to conform with the ISO45001 guidance, or
- wish to integrate components of ISO45001 into a wider management system.
The proposed series of 12 one-day professional development workshops (one per Branch) for NZISM
members responds to these needs and will:
- describe the origins of OHSMS generally and ISO45001 specifically
- compare ISO45001 with ACC WSMP, AS/NZS4801, ILO-OSH, OHSAS18001, NZS7901, and management system standards (eg, ISO9001, ISO14001), so enabling attendees to carry out a personalised gap analysis
- provide a gap analysis framework using the McKinsey 7-S model to help ensure a planned OHSMS that complements wider business systems
- enable attendees to adapt an outline business case for implementation of ISO45001 by a PCBU
- explore how a PCBU may demonstrate conformity with ISO45001.
Benefits for members
Professional development of members should extend beyond technical proficiency in occupational
health, safety and wellbeing to include the ability to provide advice relevant to the overall management system and organisational objectives. This workshop will provide tools and techniques that can be applied within any organisation and support improved organisational performance.
The workshop will also count for CPD points for NZISM and IOSH.
About the speaker: Chris Peace
Chris was born and educated in the UK. He has a BSc with Honours in Environmental Health and an MSc in Risk Management, both from Aston University and is finalising his PhD thesis on the effectiveness of risk assessments at Victoria University in Wellington.
He has gained wide experience as a consultant, risk manager, mentor and trainer in New Zealand, the UK, USA and other countries. In 2003 he established Risk Management Limited, an independent risk management consultancy, and taught risk management part-time at Massey University 2007-2012.
Since 2007 Chris has been a member of the joint standards committee, OB007, that wrote the original risk management standard and risk handbooks published by Standards Australia and Standards New Zealand. He now represents the New Zealand Institute of Safety Management on that committee and P45001 (adoption of ISO45001) and QR005 (dependability standards).
Chris is a member of Risk NZ and the Society for Risk Analysis, and a Fellow of the New Zealand Institute of Safety Management and the UK Institution of Occupational Safety and Health.
Find your nearest venue and book you place.
Spaces limited to 25 per venue.
NZISM Member = $150 +gst
*Only 1 ticket per member at this price
Corporate supporter = $350 +gst
Public = $450 +gst