• High profile – fully accountable senior role
• Complex, high-risk and dynamic environment
• Plan, develop, implement and maintain - build on positive culture
Lead the way to proactive and sustainable safety and wellbeing success - engage and empower staff during implementation and review stages
All applicants will be required to provide proof of their eligibility to work in New Zealand.
About the company
With people being recognised as their biggest asset, the organisation employs more than 600 staff over a diverse range of professions and across various departments, such as Multi-Cargo (vehicles, bulk, Pacific trade), Marine, Engineering, Container Terminal Operations, and the main office support functions, along with numerous contractors being onsite.
About the role
As a Senior Safety and Wellbeing Business Partner, you will report to the Head of Safety and Wellbeing and enjoy being part of a team, as well as mentoring your two direct reports at Advisor level.
All working towards the common goal of providing a highly proactive safety and wellbeing environment, with engaged employees and contractors, you will play a significant part in the implementation of strategy, maintaining a positive culture and building on the positive relationships with staff, customers, contractors and strategic partners.
Relationships are critical to the role’s success, and you will be comfortable working with internal and external parties at all levels including WorkAon, ACC, Unions, Port Associations, Customs, MPI, plus WorkSafe and Maritime NZ as Regulators.
A sample of duties include:
• Partner with the Head of SW and other business units in developing and implementing the Safety Strategy and Annual Safety Plans
• Collaborate with senior management with a proactive and continuous improvement mindset
• Risk Management – subject matter expert (critical risk) providing support and education
• Contractor Management – ensure suitable and sufficient systems management, information, instruction training and supervision is in place
• Emergency Management – review and implement continuous improvements
• Proactive Safety and Wellbeing Leadership and team management
• Oversee and support significant incident investigations – ensure timely and accurate close out and implementation of corrective actions.
Skills and experience
This is a senior level role and as such we anticipate you will have significant experience working within a complex, high-risk environment, with numerous stakeholders all vying for your attention.
You will have a strong ability to mentor and influence change, through great communication and engagement as well as uplifting health, safety and wellbeing capability and understanding at all levels, throughout the organisation.
Fully competent in legislation and safe operational requirements for that of a PCBU, with complex and high-risk activities undertaken by both staff and multiple contractors.
You will also have:
Sound knowledge reviewing and updating the SMS, as well as:
• Relevant tertiary qualification (ideally Level 7)
• ICAM certification
• Emergency planning background and experience
• Critical risk management/assessment experience
• Lead investigation experience
• Injury prevention/rehabilitation/RTW
• Experience working within wellbeing frameworks and a solid understanding of such
• Experience mentoring and coaching direct reports
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne on 021 10 10 691 quoting reference #3859
Registration with a relevant professional body and/or undergoing CPD is expected.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People