At South Waikato District Council things are changing and we are repositioning ourselves to embrace the diversity of our district and its bold vision for the future. We are looking for individuals who will thrive in an environment that will be responsible for ensuring we move the dial on outcomes for our community.
Te āheinga: The opportunity
This role is about delivery, making things happen, this role will provide high level advice, support and influence to develop a strong culture of Health, Safety and Wellbeing through the organisation and with our contractors. This role will take full accountability and ownership for the delivery of HS&W business support services to the organisation.
Nga Kawenga me nga Mahi - Responsibilities and Duties:
* Work collaboratively and develop a rapport with all Council managers and staff.
* Research and coordinate the collection and reporting on HS&W information relevant to the organisation. Prepare reports, agenda items and minutes as required.
* Provide detailed analysis and advice to the managers and staff on appropriate initiatives, issues, and legislation relevant to HS&W matters.
* Undertake and report on investigations as required.
* Identify and support business improvement opportunities within the organisation.
* Coordinate and deliver relevant training across all aspects of Councils business.
* Actively engage with Council functional areas including Contractors to ensure risk minimisation and legislative compliance.
Ideally you will have:
* Tertiary qualification in Health, Safety and Wellbeing or other relevant discipline and/or commensurate experience.
* Proven experience in a senior HS&W advisory role.
* Significant experience in all facets of the HS&W function including policy and process development, investigations, guidance, training, culture development, ER/employment law, compliance and risk management.
* Current valid driver's licence.
* Political acumen and an understanding of local government
* Commitment to working in a culturally safe and respectful manner and having regard to Te Ao Māori and Te Tiriti o Waitangi principles.
Other good stuff:
It's satisfying work, this is a unique opportunity, and this role is part of the engine making it all happen, so if you've been wondering what the next step could or should be in your career, we think it's time to 'navigate your next', here with us.
This role is based in Tokoroa. Check out what the mighty Waikato has to offer here https://swnz.co/explore/. Hybrid working options and relocation support can be discussed for this role. We will be reviewing applications as they arrive.
If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com. Please also note that you must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
To apply for this job go to: https://southwaikatodc.recruitmenthub.co.nz/Vacanc... & enter ref code: 6342728.