- Permanent full-time position
- Opportunity to get out of the office and build relationships
- Hybrid working including some WFH
We are looking for a proactive health, safety and wellbeing champion to support, enhance, and implement Wellington Water's health and safety systems and ways of working to increase wellbeing support and guidance.
We strongly believe in applying our 'people first' vision to everything we do.
To continuously improve the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and contractors you will:
- review and implement new processes
- lead our injury management programme to support and create return to work plans with people leaders
- evaluate our health, safety, and wellbeing performance to create interventions that enhance our culture and health, safety, and wellbeing practices
- maintain an overview of the incident management system and process the incident reports
- support the delivery of the wellbeing strategy
- build relationships with key internal operational staff and external stakeholders and regularly visit our depots and project sites
- participate in our mental health critical risk project and support its outcomes.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- a health and safety focused qualification (Level 3 and above) or relevant experience (people, safety, or wellbeing) to demonstrate an equivalent level of skill and knowledge preferred
- three or more years' experience in a health safety/wellbeing focused role
- experience with health and safety systems and frameworks, including the reporting and monitoring functions
- great interpersonal skills
- a results driven focus and be self-motivated with an ability to get things done
- a full, clean New Zealand driver's licence
Wellington Water is the Wellington region's professional water services provider. We are 100 percent council owned and funded by Wellington City, Hutt City, Porirua City, and Upper Hutt City councils, Greater Wellington Regional Council and South Wairarapa District Council.
Wellington Water work in alliance with Fulton Hogan to create a working group of professionals dedicated to maintaining and improving the council owned networks and assets. This position will be appointed into the Fulton Hogan alliance with Wellington Water and will provide a vital service enables us to look after our most precious assets: water, human health and welfare, and the environment so our communities can prosper.
We are offering a starting remuneration between $81k - $114k per annum (inc super annuation contributions) dependant on experience, with the potential for increases and higher earnings based on annual performance, feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss the remuneration for this role.
Additionally, our benefits include:
- Fulton Hogan REAL employee benefits
- medical and life insurance
- a company vehicle to fulfil purposes of the role.
- Applications close: Monday 20th November 2023
How to apply
To apply, please enter the following URL into your internet browser:
Applications are to be made through the Wellington Water Careers site, please note you must hold the eligibility to work in New Zealand to apply for this role.
For further information, email: JoinUs@wellingtonwater.co.nz
Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to commencing employment with Wellington Water.