• National role within the automotive aftermarket parts industry
• Great company culture and industry growth
• Proven skillset required to: influence, motivate and engage at all levels
Influential and competent Health and Safety Advisor required to provide advice and guidance across all NZ business units.
About the company
With over 600 team members in NZ, our client prides themselves on providing excellence in customer service. Through their nationwide retail and service business units, as well as trade and specialist wholesale supplies, they offer an end-to-end aftermarket supply chain as a leading provider of vehicle parts, accessories, equipment, service and solutions.
In growth mode and with solid financial performance over the past few years, there are approximately 90 sites throughout NZ currently, with plans to expand and ensure the best possible service is provided by their passionate and motivated people.
This is a great time to join this organisation, who also have sites across Australia and Thailand - with more than 4,500 team members and 1,000 locations in total.
About the role
You will provide current and practical advice and guidance to managers across the NZ business units, consistent with the organisation’s wider strategy - utilising your sound Health and Safety technical and professional skillset and knowledge.
This role will encompass everything from strategic direction and implementation through to ensuring key stakeholder engagement, buy in and understanding at all levels.
You must be happy to travel throughout NZ for this position.
If you enjoy being a coach and mentor, are a real people person who loves to listen and understand from the frontline perspective and you are also comfortable at senior leadership level, then read on.
Duties will include:
• Providing Health, Safety and Wellbeing initiatives, guidance and improvements
• Consult, advise, coach, train and mentor
• Injury management and return to work/rehabilitation programs – ACC liaison
• Act as lead investigator when needed, as well as supporting others in this area
• Encourage positive, proactive and effective communication
• Engage, listen and influence
Skills and experience
Above all, you will have strong communication skills - both written and verbal. You will be a natural people person, who is outcome focussed, with strong attention to detail and someone who really cares about their colleagues.
You will also have:
• Relevant tertiary qualification in OHS
• ICAM certified
• Significant working knowledge of NZ legislation in a practical sense
• Proven ability to collaborate and drive change
• Outstanding relationship management and influencing skillset
• Highly service orientated
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via the edenfx website:
If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #3271.
It is expected that you would hold registration with a relevant professional body and/or undergoing CPD.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People