Safety and Wellness Coordinator
• Are you willing to get your boots dirty?
• Would you like to make a difference to safety on site?
About the role
We are looking for a ‘people person’ with relevant experience and/or a health and safety qualification to provide practical support and advice to our staff, contractors and volunteers. This role will also undertake assurance activities for a wide range of critical risks as we seek to drive continuous improvement across the organisation.
This role is part of our People, Safety and Wellness Team, reporting to the Safety and Wellness Team Leader. We provide a flexible, supportive working environment with plenty of laughter, opportunities to learn and develop and we have a range of employee benefits to offer.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Have relevant experience, ideally paired with a relevant qualification(s) in Health and Safety
• Be confident in dealing with people at all levels of the organisation and able to build positive working relationships
• Be willing to get out on site to see how ‘work is done’
• Need a full driver’s licence.
So what can we offer you?
There are many great things about working at MPDC. But the top ranked reason our staff give time and time again is 'the people'.
We offer a range of staff benefits including:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Sick leave on commencement of employment
- Extra annual leave awarded with years of service
- Carpooling options from Hamilton, Morrinsville and Matamata
- Office based on the doorstep of the beautiful Kaimai Ranges.
Apply for this position at www.joinourteam.co.nz and enter the job code 23944NZISM.
Applications close midday Tuesday, 2 May 2023.