• Influence culture change – provide solid advice and leadership
• Provide best practice Health and Safety oversight and delivery
• Create, implement and support Wellbeing initiatives
Partner with the business and provide expert Safety and Wellbeing advice at all levels, ensuring buy-in to best practice initiatives
The company and role
This is a pivotal role for establishing clear accountability and ownership throughout the region and an excellent opportunity to work with a supportive team, developing a robust and proactive Safety and Wellbeing culture that has everyone working safely, every day!
Reporting to the Group Safety and Wellbeing Manager you will:
• Support various business units ensuring integration of overall risk profile
• Champion best practice for Safety and Wellbeing management
• Be the SME in all areas of Safety and Wellbeing from a risk perspective
• Have a proactive, can-do nature with proven experience in facilitating multi-disciplinary groups
• Provide a structured approach, a professional yet practical attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
• Have a strong ability to influence, change and improve the culture, processes and procedures while managing and balancing all aspects of the role including safety visibility and operational delivery while keeping it simple, pragmatic and effective.
Duties also include:
• Champion and deploy Safety and Wellbeing improvement methodologies and toolsets across the business units within the region
• Build capability through knowledge sharing and coaching
• Build the Safety and Wellbeing teams credibility by engaging effectively with stakeholders and creating and maintaining a reputation as the ‘go to’ person for all related information and services
• Communication and liaison with company suppliers and staff at all levels throughout the region, influencing desired improvement outcomes
Skills and experience include:
• Tertiary qualification in Health and Safety, Business or Management
• Experienced in providing safety and wellbeing advice through a business partnership model
• Working knowledge of the Health and Safety legislation
• Experience in development of Safety and Wellbeing Systems, Policies and Standard Operating Procedures
• Sound understanding of Risk Management and its application
• Confident in training facilitation and presenting to groups
• Willingness to question the status quo
• Effective research skills and ability to interpret legislation
• Ability to self-manage and take the initiative
• Flexible, adaptable and enjoys challenge and change
• Strong organisational skills and processes.
• Ability to work in a complex work environment, deal with ambiguity and across functions
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via the eden website:
Applicants MUST have the relevant work visa in place prior to application.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #3205.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE - New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialists
HSE People recruiting HSE People