Eastland Port manages the region's port, marina and airport, along with a unique portfolio of properties. We're part of Eastland Group, which specialises in regional infrastructure in the maritime, aviation and energy sectors.
We are seeking a new team member for a unique opportunity within a company that has awesome values, amazing employee benefits and flexible working hours. We want someone who has great attention to detail, takes ownership of their work, and has a natural dependability to get the job done.
If you get along easily with people, love to investigate, and use your initiative; you have what we are looking for.
About the role:
Reporting to the Health, Safety and Security Manager, you'll assist with ensuring Eastland Port's health, safety and environmental practices are managed to the highest level, and ensure compliance with regulatory standards and consents.
Your day-to-day work includes:
- Supporting the administration, co-ordination and implementation of our health, safety and environmental strategies
- Coordinate our risk management activities alongside key staff, which involves identifying new and emerging hazards, reviewing existing prevention and mitigation controls, and updating registers
- Assist in contractor management, which includes inductions, maintaining records, site visits, facilitating meetings, and auditing
- Active involvement in driving our incident management processes to ensure all incidents are dealt with in a timely and professional manner, key learnings are shared, and corrective actions implemented
- Manage, monitor, and report on resource consent compliance, and maintain the consents and conditions database
- Work closely with project and operational managers to develop and monitor project and operational environmental management plans and auditing compliance
- Assisting with promoting, implementing, and initiating staff wellbeing programmes and initiatives
- Lead community environmental projects eg. planting days
A bit about you...
You're someone who loves to work cooperatively with others, isn't afraid to give things a go, finds adapting to changing priorities easy, and you get satisfaction from keeping compliance to a high standard.
You'll have a good understanding of health, safety and risk management, and be supportive and innovative by nature. You'll love a role that has a mix of working indoors and out, where you can use your initiative.
This varied role will suit an energetic and pragmatic person with excellent communication and relationship building skills; someone who can be assertive yet diplomatic in handling differing points of view.
If you are passionate about regulatory compliance, are a great problem solver, with integrity, drive and commitment, then this role will be a good fit for you.
Bring to this role the right attitude, mindset and behaviour, coupled with:
- A working knowledge of New Zealand Health & Safety legislation, and/or the Resource Management Act and Tairāwhiti Regional Management Plan
- Relevant experience in health and safety, or consent compliance
- Proficient skills with using Microsoft Office applications and other applicable software. eg: Risk Manager, iAuditor, or similar systems
- Confidence to conduct induction and safety trainings
- Experience in the construction and operations industries
- A full driver's license
Join us and you'll be based in our modern, award-winning offices down in the inner harbour marina. At lunchtime you can sit on the deck in the famous Gisborne sunshine, enjoying a barista-style coffee and fresh fruit. If you're feeling a bit more energetic, head downstairs to our on-site gym, head up Titirangi/Kaiti Hill, or zip to the beach for a surf.
Once you've been with us for a few months, you can take up the 9-day fortnight option to enjoy time to explore this special part of New Zealand, or spend time with friends and family.
At Eastland Port, we work hard to create a culture where employees feel valued and rewarded for their contributions. We offer competitive pay, long-term career opportunities, exceptional staff benefits and well-being programmes.
Sound like the opportunity you've been waiting for? Apply now.
To apply for this job go to: eastlandcareers.nz/Vacancies and enter ref code: 6328361.
Applications close 21 May 2023