• Embrace mobility and adaptability
• Drive a sustainable and positive safety culture change
• Opportunity for training and further development
Engage with staff, contractors and suppliers in this high-risk industry. Create and drive health and safety strategies and initiatives.
All applicants will be required to provide proof of their eligibility to work in New Zealand.
About the role
This position is fundamental in supporting the development and implementation of strategies and practices to achieve the company’s QHSET objectives. Working in the infrastructure and distribution element of the business, you will administer and maintain thorough and detailed training programmes.
Reporting to the National Manager: Environmental, Health, Safety, Training and Wellbeing, you will facilitate best practise methodology and foster a strong sense of accountability and ownership of QHSET results.
Responsible for branches located in Auckland and across the North Island, flexibility is required to travel on short notice. The role requires a visible presence however there is some room for hybrid working.
• Manage and ensure QHSET and ISO certification - implementation and compliance
• Assist management to create, revise and oversee standards and procedures in order to comply with all company and legal requirements
• Support the incident management process end-to-end
• Deliver hands-on safety education and general awareness training
• Develop and complete monthly traceability audits
• Participate in safety communication across the company
Skills and experience
Bringing an enthusiastic and engaging demeanour, you are able to communicate effectively with and influence others.
• Relevant tertiary level qualification is highly desired
• Experience in a manufacturing environment required
• Practical working knowledge of NZ legislation and regulations
• Able to motivate
• Outcome focused with high attention to detail
About the company
Our client is a New Zealand leader across multiple high-risk sectors. Operating in the country for many decades, they are highly successful in the manufacturing, distributing and supply of top-quality products.
Health and Safety is of high importance to our client, they are committed to keeping employees and contractors free from harm.
• Vehicle – private use included
• Professional development opportunities
• Flexibility and travel throughout the North Island
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in word format. If you have any questions, please call Kelly on 021 0805 9717 quoting reference #3880.
To apply directly to the edenfx website click here: https://edenfx.co.nz/job/quality-health-safety-env...
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People