• Achieve work/life balance – 24 hrs pw
• Leading academic environment
• Active personal and professional career development
Execute and maintain the Health and Safety Strategy, ensuring compliance and engagement with all stakeholders.
About the company
Educational environment – with a campus in Central Auckland and outdoor site in Bay of Plenty. Our client offers an educational pathway for children and young adults from Year 1 to Year 13.
Strong family values and tradition - they strive for well-rounded students, offer excellent facilities for their students and encourage and support their growth to full potential at every stage of their journey.
A genuine and committed approach to providing a healthy and safe environment, our client takes their responsibilities seriously and wish to ensure a best practice approach to the health, safety and wellbeing of all staff, students, visitors and contractors.
• Work-life balance
• Future focused facilities
• Continuous learning is encouraged
About the role
The Health and Safety Advisor will report to the Human Resource Director and enjoy relative autonomy in their role, initially being on site as much as possible, and once relationships and systems are established, work from home opportunities exist. You will be engaging with Heads of Department and experts in their field who have a good understanding of Health and Safety. Quarterly visits to the Bay of Plenty will be required.
• Identify opportunities for improvement
• Ensure audit standards are reached and maintained
• Work with key stakeholders to ensure compliance and work to best practice
• Execute the Health and Safety plan in line with business drivers
Skills and experience
Formally qualified in Health and Safety, with experience working at a similar level, ideally you will also have worked within an educational environment.
You will have sound knowledge of best practice risk management strategies and practical/working knowledge of NZ legislation, with the proven ability to coach, influence and share knowledge – ensuring safety success, and a thorough understanding throughout the organisation.
• Sound knowledge of risk management strategies associated with outdoor activities
• Proven success and experience in investigations and providing solutions
• Demonstrated ability to coach and engage – developing robust relationships with key stakeholders
Be part of a caring, diverse and inclusive culture. Providing a supportive environment, their staff are at the heart of their vision for their students, and they attract and retain the very best experts in their fields.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Kelly Cotterell on 021 0805 9717 quoting reference #3671.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
To apply directly to the edenfx website click here: https://edenfx.co.nz/job/part-time-health-and-safe...
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People