• Excellent and influential communication skillset required
• Significant high risk experience from a risk management perspective
• High level Health and Safety advisory/support function
Provide an in depth, high level health and safety support function, engaging with all stakeholders from Contractors through to Senior Management.
Our client is one of the largest telecommunications providers, focussed on helping business communication networks to become more effective, through speed, efficiency and reliability.
Operating in both Australia and New Zealand, they are committed to ensure best practice management of quality, health, safety and environment, working with all stakeholders, to ensure a business as usual culture is developed.
Reporting to the Executive General Manager Legal and Risk and working closely with the People and Culture team, this position will be fairly autonomous and located in the Auckland CBD with the aim of providing accurate, timely health and safety, quality and environmental management services and facilitating all QHSE issues in order to achieve continual improvement in all aspects of operations across the country.
This role will actively contribute to the QHSE ‘harmonisation’ objectives of the Group as a whole and ensure the overall QHSE development and growth, with the main objective being Zero Harm in the workplace.
Duties to include:
• Provide direction, coaching and mentoring to key stakeholders
• Influence and advise to ensure QHSE is embedded as business as usual
• Facilitate and lead the investigation process where necessary
• Provide a key support function from Contractor to Board level
• Work with key stakeholders to provide best practice advice and ensure compliance to legislation and company requirements
• Maintain robust relationships both external and internal
• Undertake and support regulatory and operational audits as required
• Ensure reporting requirements are upheld
• Support safe behaviours through proactive safety conversations and visible leadership
Skills and experience
• Telecommunications, Utilities or Civil Construction experience preferred
• Relevant tertiary qualification (i.e. Diploma)
• Excellent organisational and planning skillset
• Great analytical skills required
• Well-developed written and verbal communication
• Exceptional team player, strong ability to build robust relationships
• Self-motivated, adaptable and flexible personality
• Outcome focussed and solutions orientated
• Sound computer skills i.e. Word and Excel
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via Seek.
Only candidates with the relevant visa enabling them to work in New Zealand will be considered.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 021 10 10 691 quoting reference #3572.
To apply directly to the edenfx website click here: https://edenfx.co.nz/job/nz-quality-health-safety-...
edenfx HSE - New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialists
HSE People recruiting HSE People