• Make a real difference in this part-time role (25 to 30 hours per week)
• Significant health and safety, influencing/mentoring skillset required
• Champion the proactive/best practice culture at every opportunity
Is keeping fit a passion? Combine your Senior Safety and Wellbeing skillset with this world class fitness organisation.
About the company
New Zealand owned and operated, with a team of enthusiastic and positive professionals, who work within award winning gyms and offices - our client has been making a positive difference in people's lives since opening in Auckland a number of years ago.
Operating nationwide, they pride themselves on being a leader in a sustainable and environmentally friendly business.
About the role
Bring your positive and proactive self to work every day and enjoy sharing the energy and commitment to this company’s purpose, brand, values and strategies.
You will be part of an outstanding team who “work hard, have fun, be supportive, keep fit and be green” bringing the brand to life and inspiring your team and the members with everything you do.
Take responsibility for ensuring legal compliance is met, best practice is strived for and that safety and wellbeing initiatives are threaded throughout the organisation.
Reporting to the Head of People and Performance - utilising your significant technical skillset, sound influencing and communication skills, great business acumen and a passion for the fitness industry, you will embed initiatives to enable a proactive, business as usual health and safety culture.
• Provide significant health and safety support and advice at all levels, working to best practice and ensuring compliance
• Ensure identified risks are assessed and controls reviewed on a regular basis
• Proactively manage work-related injury and illness
• Champion a proactive HSW culture at every opportunity
• Collate and analyse data to identify trends
• Prepare reports for Board and Senior Leadership Team
• Conduct internal audits/monitoring and provide coaching for improvement
• Ensure all actions are closed out in a timely manner
• Build and maintain robust relationships with key stakeholders
• Bring your energy and enthusiasm for fitness every day
Skills and experience required
• Significant experience as a Senior Health and Safety Advisor/Manager
• Excellent influencing, mentoring and coaching skillset
• Proven experience providing a high level of assistance and communication to remote teams
• Strong business acumen
• Energetic and enthusiastic attitude
• Detail focussed and highly organised
• Relevant tertiary qualification (OHS Diploma minimum)
• An absolute passion for the fitness industry
Bring the brand to life and support the desire to be The World’s Best Gym by living the values of; Work Hard, Have Fun, Be Supportive, Keep Fit and Be Green
• Combine your knowledge with fun and fitness
• Workout during the day – multi club gym membership
• Make a real difference and impact people’s lives through fitness
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 021 10 10 691 quoting reference #3449.
Essential: Registration with a relevant professional body and/or undergoing CPD is expected.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People