• Flexible working options
• Work in a motivated and professional team with a wide range of skill sets
• Accelerate your career growth and professional development
Join this well-respected organisation where their purpose is to help make New Zealand better for all New Zealanders.
The Lead Advisor Wellbeing Health and Safety will provide strategic and operational advice on the Department’s core Wellbeing, Health and Safety processes and practices.
About the company
Working within a critical organisation of approx. 3000 employees, whose responsibility it is, is to serve and connect people, communities, and government to build a safe, prosperous, and respected nation.
About the role
Working alongside a supportive team of Advisors and Seniors, you will utilise a high standard of health, safety, and wellbeing practitioner skills to support the development and implementation of national initiatives to assist the Department in managing its risks as agreed in key areas of responsibility.
Lead projects to raise and resolve national health, safety, and wellbeing issues and provide specialist advice and support to business groups in managing these issues. Provide insight on current and emerging health and safety trends, and offer advice and strategies to help prevent high-risk injuries.
• Lead incident investigations
• Provide strategic advice and leadership
• Conduct risk analyses
• Report on key Health and Safety indicators
• Manage the Health and Safety Planning for the Department
• Stimulate stakeholder engagement
Skills and experience
You will need extensive experience managing health, safety, and wellbeing in a large, complex and high-risk environment. Proven experience managing responses for staff support and rehabilitation from serious injuries and traumatic situations is vital.
• A relevant Tertiary Qualification in Occupational Health and Safety
• Technical and specialist learning abilities
• Able to implement Health and Safety policies, procedures and systems.
• Critical thinker with acute problem solving skills
• Able to navigate complex conditions
• Communicate with influence through building and maintaining relationships
With a vibrant and diverse culture, you will be supporting relationships with Māori under the Treaty of Waitangi and Te Tiriti o Waitangi - striving for positive difference and excellence.
• WFH/Flexible working options.
• The opportunity to join a fun and friendly highly driven team.
• Strong focus on career progression and development.
• Support and empower New Zealand’s people leaders.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Belinda on 021 0286 3755 quoting reference #3705.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People