We are a proud New Zealand Co-operative built by generations of farming whānau. We believe nutritious food is essential to sustain people today, and for future generations to thrive, which is why we challenge ourselves to find new ways to bring our dairy goodness to people around the world.
About the opportunity
At Fonterra, we know that good, safe, quality food and nutrition is essential for life. Kounga kai, kounga koiora. Based in Palmerston North, and reporting to the Freedom to Operate Manager, you will implement a culture of safety and quality at Fonterra’s Research and Development Centre (FRDC).
With a focus on laboratory operations, hazardous substances regulations, quality and customer requirements, you will guarantee the right frameworks and plans are in place to ensure all requirements are met. You will implement, maintain and improve the effectiveness of the site, lab and plant hazardous substances safety & quality systems. Key responsibilities include:
- Act as the subject matter expert for Hazardous Substances framework and Biosecurity Regulations
- Develop and deliver training material for FRDC and stakeholders
- Monitor and report on compliance to regulations and Fonterra standards
- Contribute to site emergency response planning
As a proactive self-starter, you can drive initiatives forward and enjoy working autonomously.
With a background in research laboratory operations, you also have a strong understanding of regulatory knowledge including Hazardous Substances Regulations, HSNO Act, Biosecurity Act and Radiation Safety Act. Additionally, you hold expertise in the design and development of solutions using the Microsoft Office suite including Power BI.
Skills and Experiences:
- Excellent stakeholder and change management skills in a complex work environment
- Ability to build meaningful relationships quickly and adapt to a broad group of stakeholders
- Strong understanding of data & database management
- Understanding of risk management principles and risk based thinking
- Preferably a degree in Chemical Science
Whanaungatanga, our Co-operative spirit gives us all a common strength and purpose. Manaakitanga is how we care for all our people who are at the heart of what we do. We want our farmers, employees, customers and communities to thrive. Kaitiakitanga, ensures we take care of the land. We are committed to farming in a way that regenerates our farms and environment for future generations.
Whakaohooho constantly inspires ourselves and each other with great career development opportunities and benefits. We enable flexibility and balance to suit everyone’s lifestyles and choices.
Our Co-operative is a place where everyone can be themselves, feel empowered to do their best.
Sound good to you? Come join our whānau. You, me, Us Together Tᾱtou tᾱtou.
Join an enthusiastic and committed team and make 2021 your year of change and apply today
For more details or to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org