• Facilitate all areas to achieve successful HSEQ outcomes
• Key values of communication, responsibility and integrity are required
• Utilise all areas of your skillset and engage at all levels
Engage and train staff, contractors and suppliers in this high-risk industry. Create and drive health and safety strategies and initiatives.
About the role
This position is fundamental in supporting the development and implementation of strategies and practices to achieve the company’s HSEQ objectives. Working in the infrastructure and distribution element of the business, you will administer and maintain thorough and detailed training programmes.
Reporting to the GM of Quality, Health, Safety, Environment and Training, facilitate best practice methodology and foster a strong sense of accountability and ownership of HSEQ results.
• Manage and ensure HSEQ and ISO certification - implementation and compliance
• Assist management to create, revise and oversee standards and procedures in order to comply with all company and legal requirements
• Support the incident management process end-to-end
• Deliver hands-on safety education and general awareness training
• Develop and complete monthly traceability audits
• Participate in safety communication across the company
Skills and experience
• Relevant OHS qualification
• Experience in heavy industry or manufacturing environment required
• Certified Auditor and qualified Lead Investigator
• Practical working knowledge of NZ legislation and regulations
• Experienced in training and coaching, mentoring and influencing
• Outcome focused with high attention to detail
• Great people skills
About the company
Our client is a New Zealand leader across multiple high-risk sectors. Operating in the country for many decades, they are highly successful in the manufacturing, distributing and supply of top-quality products.
Health and Safety is an important core our of client’s, providing a safe and healthy work environment – they are committed to keeping employees free from harm.
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. Apply via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 320 4431 quoting reference #3073
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz