Regional - South Island
C3 Limited is a market leader in New Zealand’s port related product handling, adding value to its clients’ business by providing solutions to their logistics needs. C3 Limited employ over 1400 staff in 15 ports across New Zealand and in Australia and is part of the Linx Cargo Care Group.
Reporting to the GM Health, Safety, Environment and Risk this position has regional Health & Safety responsibility for the South Island and Wellington. Ideally this position would be based in Wellington or Christchurch, however flexibility may apply for the right candidate. The successful applicant will be required to implement and coordinate Health & Safety strategy, policies and procedures, and work with operational branches to ensure compliance with internal Health & Safety standards as well as legislation.
This is a ‘hands on” position where you will be out in the business engaging and coaching operational staff and management, as well as providing advice on Health and Safety matters. You will be required to promote a proactive risk management approach by all staff, with the goal of ensuring our people go home safely everyday.
To succeed in this position you will have strong administrative and personal organisation abilities, be able to work autonomously, conduct incident investigations, conduct / facilitate risk assessments, navigate Health and Safety databases and implement policies and procedures.
To be considered for this position you will require:
• Experience as a H&S Manager or Advisor
• Sound knowledge of current law and H&S legislation
• A relevant tertiary qualification and demonstrated knowledge in Health & Safety
• Strong relationship building abilities and resilience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Desire to drive a strong safety culture
• Ability to travel regionally to implement the required policies & procedures
• Experience with Internal Auditing and Training would be advantageous
If you want to build your career with a progressive company that offers opportunities to develop and grow then we would like to hear from you. Please submit a recent CV that clearly demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position.
Applications close Monday 11 February 2019.
Apply online at www.c3.co.nz/careers