• Construction, civil engineering industry experience required
• Global organisation - focus on Australia and NZ, with international oversight
• Professional services environment – significant experience in HSW required
• Role can be based in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch
Lead this high functioning team to ensure the management of HSW caters to the pressures and risks of their diverse and challenging work
About the company
An international organisation of engineering and design specialists, working within high-risk environments and industries – the team are primarily focussed within the civil, fire and structural environment, with safety in design responsibilities on projects that frequently involve monitoring on active construction sites.
The organisation has approx. 500 specialists working across six business units - working in an integrated manner, sharing their innovative culture, while working as experts in their respective fields.
About the role
Reporting to the Group CEO – this is a sole role, supported by the senior leadership team. You will have strong technical knowledge and be a natural leader, with the proven ability to coach, mentor, build robust relationships with key stakeholders and provide an excellent level of communication.
Travel will be a requirement for this position and there is a high preference for candidates with experience in construction or civil engineering field.
Lead and coordinate health and safety activities across the Group, in order to achieve the vision of creating and maintaining a healthy and safe working environment for all employees and those that they interact with - providing practical policies and procedures in order to maintain the high standard of awareness around health, safety and wellbeing.
Provide the education, advice and support as well as assist with solutions to manage risk.
• Lead and coordinate all health and safety activities
• Encourage, train and mentor to ensure a thorough understanding by all
• Provide specialist input and manage any potential notifiable events
• Support the risk assessment activities and management of such
• Provide timely advice in relation to legislation and potential changes
• Recommend and organise health and safety training requirements
• Liaise with technical staff to achieve practical integration of Safety in Design
• Champion the EAP and Wellbeing program
• Review all processes and maintain an up-to-date risk register
• Ensure investigations are carried out in a timely manner and reported as required
• Provide relevant and meaningful analysis of all incidents and trends
• Report to management and boards of the businesses
Skills and experience include:
You will be a qualified health and safety practitioner, with experience preferably within the construction, civil engineering field and a modern-day approach to health, safety and wellbeing.
You will also have an excellent verbal and written English skillset and sound practical knowledge of the relevant Australian and New Zealand legislation.
• Relevant tertiary qualification is highly desired
• Experience in strategically managing systems, policies, standards etc. preference for experience in an engineering consulting environment
• Solid time, budget and resource management
• Excellent influencer and natural leader
• Ability to identify areas of concern and provide innovative solutions
• Strong research and analytical ability
• A continuous improvement mindset
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 281 4702 quoting reference #3310.
To apply directly to the edenfx website click here:
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People