• Must have relevant Work Visa for New Zealand
• Influential, friendly and open approach – ability to travel throughout NZ
• Strong knowledge of legislation and practical HSW experience
Provide outstanding support to the organisation, through influence and striving for best practice Health, Safety and Wellbeing initiatives.
About the company
On a mission to improve the lives of New Zealanders by transforming their experience as they age, our client creates thriving communities so that our older Kiwis can lead connected and fulfilling lives.
Significant NZX-listed retirement living and aged care operator, providing accommodation to over 6,750 residents in 35 communities across New Zealand – their approx. 2700 team are passionate to ensure residents live well in desirable environments, free to live their life and building meaningful connections to people, community and the activities they love.
About the role
Reporting to and supporting the National Health, Safety and Wellbeing Manager, you will be accountable for providing outstanding support and ensuring best practice is strived for, along with legal compliance, and that the HSW strategy is embedded throughout the organisation.
Travel will be required to provide for proactive auditing and investigations, utilising an influential style of sharing knowledge and therefore achieving buy in and understanding at all levels.
• Engagement - continual improvement and ensuring participation in HS initiatives
• Risk Management – manage the process and contribute to achieving best practice assessments, controls and review
• Injury Claims – efficiently manage these within the Accredited Employers Programme
• Investigations – take the lead/or assist for all incidents
• Training and Capability – Coordinate, assist with management of training providers and ensure capability is regularly checked
• Data Collection/Reporting – Drive the collection of information required for Board and other reporting, capture analyse and report on key HSW analytics to inform business and prepare ad hoc reports and presentations
• Administration – provide proactive support, taking accurate minutes at key meetings, review and coordination of risk registers, incident reports and audits, along with management of internal databases and auditing systems
Skills and experience include:
We are seeking an experienced Health and Safety Advisor, with a truly positive and proactive natural ability, who is keen to advance their knowledge and safety career, providing energy and commitment towards HSW success for all levels within the organisation.
You will be detail focussed and highly organised, with the ability to work autonomously. While being systems orientated and competent with the usual excel, word, outlook programs, you will also have a friendly and positive nature, with a passion for working within a purpose orientated organisation.
Strong reporting skillset, including the ability to take accurate minutes, we expect you will have proven experience building strong relationships across multi-site organisations.
Experience in healthcare and/or construction and with a relevant qualification in Health and Safety and knowledge of the ACC Accredited Employers Programme is highly desirable.
Strong knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act and associated Regulations is required, with proven success working within the NZ Health and Safety environment.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne on 021 10 10 691 quoting reference #3751
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
To apply directly to the edenfx website click here: https://edenfx.co.nz/job/health-safety-and-wellbei...
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People