• Well established, sustainable industry
• International manufacturing business
• South Canterbury location
Seeking an experienced HSE Facilitator to provide sound, practical knowledge in health and safety - prior manufacturing experience is essential
About the role
Operating across the facility you will support, inform, engage and coach site operational staff, ensuring their teams are safe and healthy. A site-based role, you’ll be supported by a wider team based in Hamilton and Auckland.
The successful candidate will have a solid background in manufacturing, familiarity with AS4024 and display exceptional time management and organisational skill, alongside the ability to provide guidance in practical safety and compliance.
• Maintain site compliance with standards and procedures
• Ensure that any incidents are appropriately actioned and closed out
• Support managers with case management and review ACC claims
• Maintain ISO14001 compliance
• Manage reporting and training systems
• Ensure effective control of risks
• Administer the online safety management system (Mango)
• Drive employee engagement to create ownership of safety
Skills and experience
This is a standalone autonomous role on site. There is a functional reporting line to the GM and guidance from the National HSE Facilitator. Crucially, you will be able to manage your time, prioritising tasks as necessary and enjoy a varied day.
• Minimum Level 4 Certificate in OHS (Diploma preferred)
• Proven experience in a manufacturing environment
• A strong understanding of manufacturing processes and risks
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills
• Preferably ICAM trained with a knowledge of Mango SMS software
• The ability to prioritise and work in an autonomous role
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via the eden website:
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place. We are not able to consider applicants from overseas or who do not hold a current work visa.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Amanda on 021 0818 7342 quoting reference #3196.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz