• Influence HSE at site level
• Wide scope for continuous improvement
• Great opportunity to be mentored by excellent HSE Manager
Work alongside the NZ team and global network to manage and support the growth of Health and Safety of our international manufacturing client
About the role
Reporting into the HSE Manager, this role will assist with the ongoing development and execution of the HSE strategy and programmes across the sole New Zealand site. As the go to person you will be involved in many projects and be the primary point of contact for these, you will drive continuous improvement to ensure the safety of staff and meet the needs of the business, clients and legislative requirements.
This NZ manufacturing site currently operates on a 5 day/2 shift basis and employs approximately 270 staff.
We are looking for a hands-on action orientated individual who will educate, influence and lead new behaviours for this major hazard facility.
This position gives you the opportunity to build and shape a Safety First culture as well design and influence fresh behaviours.
• Assist with the ongoing development and implementation of the HSE strategy and programme at the NZ site
• Contribute to the development of global HSE initiatives and guidelines
• Provide valuable HSE advice and guidance to managers and employees
• Identify priorities that support the growth of the business, clients and legislative requirements
• Mastermind the incident and emergency response procedures along with many other projects
Skills and experience
• Knowledge and practical understanding of a Safety-First culture
• Relevant qualification in OHS
• Experience in a HSE role, preferably in a manufacturing and/or technical/laboratory environment
• Ability to influence, motivate and engage to gain buy-in across all levels and bring people along on the journey
• Strong communication, reporting and presentation skills
• Good analysis and problem-solving skills
• Strong written communication and report writing skills
• Experience with ecoPortal would be advantageous
About the company
Established in New Zealand, our client is a niche company specialising in animal health that owns multiple sites in countries all over the world. Employing over 450 staff globally, they operate across two different business units – manufacturing and research and development.
Owning a ‘sky is the limit’ mantra, work for a company that recognises teams are stronger than individuals.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, are a NZ / Aus citizen or hold current PR / work visa for NZ, we welcome your application.
You can apply directly here: https://edenfx.co.nz/job/health-safety-and-environ...
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #3167.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz