The Ghella Abergeldie Joint Venture is seeking experienced Health and Safety Advisor with civil construction experience to join the team on the Central Interceptor Project - New Zealand's largest tunnelling project.
What will you be getting involved in?
• Provide health, safety and wellbeing support and guidance to the construction teams
• Assist with the preparation of construction execution plans,
• Investigation reports, risk control and assessment documentation, permits and SWMS
• Ensure Health and Safety equipment is regularly maintained and kept in safe working order
• Drive continuous improvement in health, safety and wellbeing performance
• Update the Health and Safety incident reporting databases
• Carry out regular safety inspections and audits on-site with the construction teams
• Ensure all staff adhere to the health, safety and wellbeing policies and procedures
• Be a champion for positive health, safety and wellbeing culture across the project
• Be involved in the return to work process for injured workers.
You will have:
• 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role within civil construction industry
• Strong knowledge in plant and equipment capabilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Diploma in H&S level 6 preferred but not essential
• Extensive knowledge of New Zealand Health and Safety Legislation
• Strong time management and organisational skills
• A positive and pro-active approach toward teamwork
• Full Class 1 Driver’s Licence as you will travel between sites
• Construct safe and First Aid Certificate
• Experience Construction of shafts and tunnels preferred, but not essential.
If you are looking to make a positive impact, be part of a legacy project that has wide-reaching benefits for Auckland and the community, then we want to hear from you.
Please email Natalie Bland: email@example.com