About WEL Networks
WEL Networks is unique. We've been serving the Waikato for over 100 years, distributing electricity from the national grid so we can power over 100,000 homes and businesses.
With over 300 employees, we're proudly based in Hamilton and are owned by the community we work for. We play an important role in the region's economic and social development by identifying and investing in new technologies to future-proof our region - and keep our communities flourishing. Our vision is bold. And our ambition even stronger, especially as we diversify from traditional 'poles and lines' to a truly innovative and sustainable business.
We are looking for skilled, innovative, and enthusiastic individuals to join our team in supporting the company through this exciting new chapter and into the future.
About the role
Due to an internal promotion and team expansion, we are recruiting for a Health & Safety Advisor. While largely generalist, this role will lead focused work streams that deliver to a plan of work that has strong executive and field support.
This role is worker centric and WEL workers are active in every element of designing, building, and maintaining electrical infrastructure. The Health and Safety team has a growing focus on building capacity in WEL to consult, cooperate and coordinate activities with a range of Service Partners.
As part of a team of three, you will provide general health and safety support to the business and back-up for the team.
Your role will include the following:
* Promoting progressive worker-centric safety management practices
* Supporting WEL's approach to 'Good Work' - we get the best outcomes when we work well, including health and safety outcomes
* Providing support to WEL's contracted Service Partners in clarifying and codifying each party's safety expectations of the other
* Applying HOP principles to facilitating Learning Teams and leading event responses
* Designing critical controls with workers that have influence over, and those that are exposed to risk of harm
* Identifying continuous improvement opportunities in WEL's Health and Safety Risk Management
* Working with Service Partners to align work as done with work as intended
* Helping to organise and deliver celebration of safety outcomes
Skills and experience:
* Experience applying modern, worker centric safety philosophies
* An understanding how a critical risk focus informs H&S practice
* Ability to write and deliver reports and presentations, coaching and training to individuals and groups
* Knowledge of New Zealand workplace safety laws and guidance
* Trade or tertiary level qualification is desirable
* Recognised qualification in Health and Safety management
* Three plus years working in a similar role within a complex, high-risk work environment
* Experience working in a utilities/infrastructure/construction environment is desirable
This is a unique role, and as such our rewards are quite unique too. You'll benefit from a powerful package of benefits - from medical, life, and income protection insurance, to relocation costs, flexible working options, ongoing career development and more - and most important of all, an excellent salary package.
We are committed to making sure our people go home safe every day, and with a drug and alcohol-free worksite we will require you to undertake testing as part of your pre-employment health assessment as well as participating in our annual health assessment programme.
How to apply
We actively value diversity and inclusion, so to start, tell us a little bit about the 'real you' in your application. Check out the position description and apply online with your cover letter and CV, showing us what sets you apart. Demonstrate your track record, share some of your proudest achievements, and tell us why you think you could transform our future. We can't wait to hear from you!
To view the job description please follow this link: https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/773245...
Applications close on Monday, 23 October 2023.
Although we are really keen to fill this role - it is crucial we find the right fit for WEL, so we are prepared to close applications early or leave the role open until we find the right person.