• Sole charge H&S Manager position within an FMCG environment
• Be part of a team that really do care
• Competitive salary and flexible start/finish times
Bring your enthusiasm and technical skills.
Reason for vacancy is relocation overseas. The incumbent loves their job, and the Company wholeheartedly supports this role and its function.
About the company
Proudly NZ owned, our client has been producing high quality food products for over 80 years. As an established household name, the business has a strong track record of success. West Auckland based with over 270 staff, the site has received a significant level of investment and development in recent years.
About the role
Reporting to the GM of Operations and Supply Chain, the purpose of this position is to drive continual improvement to the Health and Safety Culture. Combining strategic and operational responsibilities, this role would be suited to either an experienced manager or an ambitious advisor looking to take the next step in their career. Experience within a manufacturing (preferably food) environment is essential. The broader goal is to deliver a ‘Safety First’ working environment.
Working closely with the SLT, you will also lead the Safety Rep and Site Safety Committees. An ability to confidently engage, influence and gain buy-in with these groups is key to your success.
• Develop and implement the organisations health and safety framework and policies
• Oversee the delivery of H&S education and training to the team
• Take responsibility for all incident investigation and reporting
• Oversee all H&S audit programmes
• Drive continuous improvement in safety culture and performance
• Ensure Hazard Review Programmes are implemented with the relevant status reviewed
• Assist in the development of the annual safety strategy
• Build effective relationships with local and national regulators
Skills and experience
You will have the experience and personality to provide credibility on site and accurate advice, which will include industry trends and ideas around risk mitigation. Team focused, you will be confident influencing, engaging, and educating at all levels, including contractors to achieve best practice.
• Proven manufacturing experience or logistics background
• Qualified by way of a Safety Degree, OHS Diploma or NEBOSH Certificate
• Excellent practical knowledge of relevant legislation
• Collaborative with a highly engaging manner
• Able function in both an operational and strategic capacity
Privately owned and proudly Kiwi, the business has been supporting national conservation since 2006. With a strong culture and great retention, the business supports the growth and development of its employees.
• Flexible start/finish times
• West Auckland based
• Free products
• Positive working environment with good retention
• Kiwisaver Employer Contribution 3%
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Kelly on 021 0805 9717 quoting reference #3744.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People