• Get out from behind the desk
• Trade based training organisation
• Mt Wellington base with scheduled travel
• Package includes vehicle
Lead and implement a culture that lives and breathes safety in this trade-based learning environment
About the company
Committed to developing and educating people to be the best in their industry, this organisation is also committed to the safety of their staff and learners, whether at their training centres or out and about on client sites.
Proud of their people and their clients, they appreciate commitment and expertise and aim for exceptional results at all times.
About the role
As Health and Safety Manager you’ll lead a team, including an Advisor and an Administrator, but that doesn’t mean sitting behind your desk. This business needs a visible safety leader, who can roll up their sleeves and “do the doing” too.
You’ll manage the health and safety systems, ensure policies and procedures are up to date, working with the management team to ensure the smooth integration of new initiatives and achieve successful safety, health and wellbeing outcomes.
Duties will include
• Arranging and attending HS meetings
• Monitor HS budgets
• Recording and monitoring of incidents and investigations
• Provide effective safety training
• Day to day leadership in all things health, safety and wellbeing related
Skills and experience
A trade background is essential for this role, electrical experience would be an advantage. You’ll have great networking capability and an influencing, mentoring style, with a collaborative and proactive approach.
• Tertiary qualification in OHS is preferred
• Adult Education/Training and Assessment is an advantage
• Attention to detail and the ability to plan, organise and execute
• Good level of experience with IT and software
• Effective time management and delegation
• Proven experience in a similar role
• Registration with relevant industry groups
A non-profit organisation, working closely with students and host companies, this is a chance to really take ownership and support the ongoing growth of a national network of apprentices as they progress through the industry.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Amanda on 09 972 0731 quoting reference #3325.
To apply directly to the website click here: https://edenfx.co.nz/job/health-and-safety-manager...
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People