• Newly created role – expanding forestry business
• Uplift capability and understanding, through engagement and education at all levels
• Preference is for forestry experience and solid understanding of risk profile
Highly competitive salary plus vehicle - supportive team environment.
Lead the way within the forestry sector and assist this organisation to work towards Health and Safety best industry practice.
About the company
As a subsidiary of a major Japanese trading house, with a very proud history, this group operates in 60 + countries. The New Zealand organisation has been in a strong growth phase and continues to expand the forest estate with a footprint throughout Northland, Whanganui and the Gisborne and East Coast regions.
The company has a significant exporting function, operating out of three North Island Ports, with their head office based in the Auckland CBD and operational offices in Kaitaia and Gisborne – they are proud of helping grow the communities they operate in and the contributions they make to society as a whole, through sound business practices.
About the role
Lead the way to industry best practice and continue the innovation, diversity and living up to the high standards of safety and operational excellence that are consistently sought after.
You will support the senior leadership team in developing and implementing ‘best practice’ health and safety systems and processes, providing a continuous improvement lens to the existing framework.
Provide assurance through regular auditing and measuring of performance to ensure the organisation is meeting their own standards, industry standards and legislative obligations.
Lead a culture of risk awareness and ownership through education and developing programmes across the business, providing guidance not only to the employees but also the contractors.
This role will deliver a shared vision and commitment to an industry-leading health and safety culture, while building and executing strategies that support a resilient workforce, with the overall target to ensure everyone gets home safely.
• Strategic planning and implementation
• Provide timely and accurate reporting
• Maintain and improve systems and processes
• Provide relevant training initiatives
• Lead the way through education and engagement to ensure compliance
Skills and experience
We anticipate the successful person will have a forestry background or maybe construction/high risk experience, with a career path that shows innovative key achievements and success working at a senior leadership level.
• Sound working knowledge of NZ Health and Safety legislation
• Experienced in developing, implementing and continuously improving a Health and Safety Management System
• Demonstrated capability in achieving OHS performance improvement
• Strong ability, with success stories of cultural change
• Strategic leadership experience with proven ability of creating and implementation
• Exceptional communication skillset – both written and verbal
• Confident in leadership and presenting at Exec/Board level
• Problem solver, outcome focussed with strong commercial acumen
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on +64 9 281 4702 quoting reference #3292.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People