• Unique opportunity to develop and transform safety
• Nationwide, established and sustainable company
• Potential for Dunedin or Auckland base
Seeking a forward-thinking health and safety professional who enjoys the challenge of a varied and dynamic environment.
A multi-site business, with varied environments, my client is seeking an experienced health and safety manager who is not afraid to get their hands dirty, to develop, implement, educate and mentor.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop strategy and procedure at grass roots level, and then use your technical expertise to implement solid and practical safety systems and process company wide. You will lead by example, creating a genuine understanding of safety and its impact amongst the workforce and management.
• Develop, implement and monitor an effective H&S strategic plan
• Lead the performance and growth of our client’s safety culture
• Manage site audit schedules in line with legislative requirements
• Ensure group wide reporting is developed and upheld
• Develop, review and maintain all safety documentation
• Manage return to work and injury management programmes
• Guide and refocus health and safety committees
The successful candidate will have the necessary experience in developing, implementing and overseeing all facets of a practical, user friendly safety management system. Engagement with staff is key as this is a hands-on role and you will be an active safety leader who can build productive relationships with staff, managers, contractors and other stakeholders.
• Solid and proven experience in a similar role
• Relevant health and safety qualifications
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Strong ability in time management
• Experience in a multi-site environment
• Able to travel as needed within NZ
• High level computer and data analysis skill
• Proven leadership experience
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. Please specify your preferred location on application.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with Residency or a current Work Visa in place. We are unable to consider overseas applicants for this role.
If you have any questions, please call Amanda on 021 0818 7342 quoting reference #3202.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz