• Flexible working arrangements, some travel required
• Work with a high-performance Health and Safety Manager and team
• Opportunity to work from CBD or Mt Wellington office
Drive, plan, implement the Safety Management System, reinforcing a safety conscious workforce in line with Global goals.
About the company
Join the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company – a global organisation operating a network of offices and laboratories around the world.
The NZ arm of the business has approx. 400 staff however a large number of casual employees are brought in during various times to assist with more significant workloads i.e. shut downs etc.
About the role
Reporting to the Operational Health and Safety Manager, you will assist the team to drive, plan and implement the organisations global initiatives, including ISO45001 throughout the NZ business units.
Some travel will be expected due to the organisation covering both North and South Island roles however, this may be reduced with the introduction of a second Health and Safety BP within the business.
• Ensure safety management systems are in alignment with legislation/regulations
• Instigate change through advice, education, risk assessments to mitigate risk
• Coordinate administration of the incident management system
• Assist with Occupational Hygiene monitoring and assessments
• Maintain and enhance accreditations and certifications
• Reporting and data collection
• Partner with the business at all levels with continuous improvement and best practice in mind
• Coach and mentor, engage and build robust relationships to ensure buy-in
Skills and experience include:
You will have gained reasonable practical experience in a pure Health and Safety role and a great working knowledge of legislation, with proven success in providing Health, Safety, Wellness advice through a business partnering model.
• Tertiary qualification in Health and Safety (or working towards one)
• Solid and practical understanding of legislation and risk management
• Ability to provide training and present to groups
• Self-motivated and outcome focussed by nature
• Experience working in a complex environment, dealing with ambiguity
• A flexible and adaptable approach with strong organisational skills
• Flexible working arrangements to support work/life balance
• Access to corporate discounts
• Ongoing professional development
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 021 10 10 691 quoting reference #3406.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People