Health and Safety Business Administrator - Computer-based office role in Rangiora, North Canterbury.
As Health and Safety Consultants, we provide a wide range of businesses with solutions to manage health and safety in the New Zealand Workplace. This includes plans and supporting documentation, auditing, inspections, gap analysis, training, and investigations.
This role is currently a part-time office-based role in our office just north of Christchurch in RANGIORA.
This is a great opportunity for a highly experienced and mature person to join the business, building and collating professional documentation in a timely fashion and including document control.
The role is a pivotal part of the business. It is primarily computer-based, focusing on document control, the compilation and publication of our products, and supporting clients in meeting their health and safety obligations. This role includes coordinating many aspects of the business.
The successful applicant will be meticulous and have advanced experience and knowledge of formatting using MS Suite, Word and Excel, and internal data systems.
This role will appeal to applicants who are:
- Highly organized
- Have a 100% accurate document control and proof-reading capability!
- Extremely thorough
- Efficient and highly productive in their working style.
The successful applicant will also have
- Current working knowledge of HSWA 2015
- Possess the ability to interpret health and safety legislation, guides, and practices.
The successful applicant will:
- Already have experience in document control, preparing health and safety documentation, and possibly include contractor management.
- Be able to demonstrate the practical application of health and safety policy in workplace environments.
We want that special person who:
- Enjoys working in an environment where you can work well under pressure.
- Be professional in their presentation.
- Have an extremely honest and reliable work ethic.
- Will own the role, and all that it entails - enjoy being a gracious gatekeeper.
- Energetically be able to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- You will be happy to work autonomously.
- You will pick up new systems quickly and operate them effectively.
- You will have superb communication skills and fantastic customer service.
- You must be able to demonstrate a deep knowledge of how small and medium-sized businesses operate.
- Be available to work Monday - Friday - hours negotiable between 8 am - 4 pm (currently 8 am - 2.30 pm)
Note 1 - There may be a view to increasing the number of hours able to be worked depending on demand, current economic climate, and individual performance.
Note 2 - HSS will only be contacting applicants we intend to shortlist.
Note 3 – Please apply by sending (1) a covering letter, (2) curriculum vitae with a minimum of two current referees and up-to-date contact details, (3) a copy of your current driver's license to Hilary at firstname.lastname@example.org by 8 pm Friday 5 February 2021.
Note 4 – The successful applicant will be available to start ASAP.