Build your career in this diverse and challenging role!
We’re seeking a dedicated health and safety guru to support improvements and drive the implementation of best practice within the organisation. Providing coordination of activities, advice, assessments and solutions across the organisation functions, you’ll gain exposure to a range of risks, requirements and regulations that will be valuable to your development.
As a member of the Gisborne District Council team, you’ll enjoy seeing how your contribution makes a difference to our region. We were the proud winners of the 2019 LGNZ Excellence Awards, for our work to grow and promote the well-being of our community and people, and we offer a flexible and supportive environment with the opportunity to learn from the breadth of knowledge and experiences that we provide.
Reporting to the Homesafe Manager, as Health and Safety Advisor you’ll be responsible for the usual tasks such as developing policies and procedures, identifying hazards and risks, educating staff, investigating incidents, and assisting staff to return to work. However, key to your success will be your ability to build relationships at all levels of the organisation to influence and bring about change.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
• A Health and Safety qualification and/or training.
• At least 3 years relevant experience.
• A robust understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.
• The ability to manage projects and negotiate successful outcomes.
• To be highly motivated, well organised and committed.
• Basic knowledge of working with Tangata Whenua is a pre-requisite for this role (or at the very least, a willingness to learn).
Applications close: 10am, Tuesday 15 December 2020.
Please apply as soon as possible as we seek to appoint quickly and may interview prior to the closing date if the opportunity arises.
Please visit our website or contact David Wilkinson for further information.
Apply Online: www.gdc.govt.nz