• Excellent career opportunity within the electricity sector
• Professional Development provided
• Exceptional relationship / communication skillset needed
Our client requires a Health and Safety Advisor to assist within their electrical distribution and lines contracting organisation.
The company and role
Our client is based in Oamaru and operates a successful electrical distribution and lines business model, working with both employees and contractors.
Reporting to the Health, Safety and Risk Manager, the successful candidate will have a good understanding of legislation and an engaging ability to influence and collaborate with key stakeholders.
A key part of this role is building and maintaining key relationships with the customer base, managing the updating of safety systems, investigating incidents, including the use of ICAM techniques where appropriate. Monitoring, analysing and reporting on the subcontractors HS performance with the view of reducing risk and embedding corrective actions.
Management of critical risk in an influential and credible manner is a high priority and you will be well supported to achieve success in this area. Wider business risk profile as well as public safety management is also a key part of the organisation.
You will utilise your excellent people management skills by assisting all within the organisation to understand their key roles and responsibilities in regard to Risk, OHS and Wellness.
• Assist with the health, safety and wellbeing reporting for all staff and contractors
• Ensure full compliance through proactive management of the frameworks in place
• Foster a culture where employees are engaged and feel empowered
• Work proactively to ensure risks, hazards, near misses and incidents are reported in a timely and effective manner
• Carry out incident investigations, reporting to agreed quality and timeframes, including providing a support function for ICAM investigations
• Implement and embed corrective actions that result from both improvement opportunities and investigations
• Ensure competency assessments and audits are carried out in accordance with the business requirements
• Support the subcontractors to ensure full compliance
• Work promptly to resolve queries and any health and safety reports or concerns
• Provide advice in order to achieve, over and above pure compliance
Skills and experience include
• Previous health and safety experience is required, although mentoring and support will be on hand
• Similar industry experience, with a good understanding of a contracting environment, as well as AS/NZS 7901 is highly desired.
• Relevant Tertiary qualification
• Qualified in investigation methodologies (ICAM and Bowtie)
• Experience with critical risk identification and analysis is desirable
• Proven experience and an enthusiasm for providing motivational training, coaching, mentoring and support at all levels
• Robust numerical and analytical skillset
• Great verbal and written communication, including report writing
• Proven ability to build and maintain strong collaborative working relationships
• Tenacity in taking problems through to successful outcomes despite potential barriers
If you have energy and drive, are outcome focussed, with a friendly and outgoing personality with a willingness to learn, then please apply!
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place. Applications without this in place, will not be considered.
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 021 10 10 691 quoting reference #3576.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People