• Do you have knowledge of infrastructure and how it operates?
• Be the agent for change - drive and influence culture across the region
• Fabulous Northland location
A leading infrastructure services organisation is seeking a proactive solution focussed Health and Safety Advisor for the Northland region.
About the role
Our client provides solutions to clients across a broad range of sectors. They provide facility management services including building and open space maintenance, operations, asset management, project management and delivery services.
Reporting to the Business Manager, you will form part of a small, collaborative, and supportive SHEQ team.
The SHEQ Advisor will deliver the SHEQ requirements utilising systems and process to foster an integrated approach to SHEQ management in delivering on legal, contractual, and business requirements.
Duties will include:
• Provide high level professional advice to frontline workers, developing safety culture and awareness
• Put management plans together and set up risk registers for capital works projects
• Adhere to legislations, regulations, and standards, ensuring all activities on the project are undertaken in a safe manner, and with the application of suitable frameworks and documentation
• Onboard and monitor contractors including inspections, auditing, incident, and investigation reviews
• Inform and implement Safety Management Plans across the project
• Assist in delivering the audit program to meet the targets
• Assist with tender SHEQ documentation development
• Build and develop effective, collaborative, and productive relationships across the organisation
Skills and experience to include:
• Must have knowledge of infrastructure and how it operates
• Background in the Water or Oil and Gas Industries would be ideal
• ICAM Trained and able to close out investigations an advantage
• Recognised tertiary level safety qualification
• Must be a competent use of Microsoft Office - Essential
• High level engagement/communication skills – able to work collaboratively with others, to coach, influence, and drive change
• Strong leadership skills, able to manage and deliver as required
• Current, full, and clean NZ driver’s licence is essential.
• Willingness to travel to sites across Northland and Far North
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via Seek.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Martin on 09 320 4432 quoting reference #3414.
To apply directly to the edenfx website click here: https://edenfx.co.nz/job/health-and-safety-advisor...
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People