There is a Health and Safety Advisor position available in DHL Supply Chain, and it’s the ideal opportunity for someone at the early stage of their advisory career.
The purpose of this role is to support the Health, Safety, & Environment Manager, in fostering a positive H&S culture, and improving safety performance across all our sites. We want all our employees to think and put safety first.
IN THIS JOB YOU WILL BE:
• Assisting in the implementation of programmes to provide a safe and healthy working environment for all employees;
• Assisting with the provision of information, training, instruction, and supervision, necessary to protect employees and others from risks to their health and safety;
• Assisting with the collation of information, trends analysis, and the implementation of corrective and preventive actions, relating to all incidents and hazards that are reported;
• Supporting the Company’s hazard, risk, and injury prevention processes, in accordance with Company policies and procedures, and applicable New Zealand legislation;
• Providing H&S advice and support to management and staff, ensuring all are informed and encouraged to comply with all current Health and Safety procedures and regulations;
• Facilitating the identification and reporting of hazards on sites, and assist with maintenance of hazard registers and conducting Risk Assessments;
• Assisting with preparation of audit materials and conducting of internal audits on a regular basis;
• Facilitating and assist with H&S Committee meetings across all sites;
• Assisting with the contractor management processes;
• Coordinating Hazardous Substance certification and providing advice and support;
• Supporting the Business Continuity Management (BCM) and GoGreen Environment programs
YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Sound knowledge of relevant H&S legislation
• 1-3 years of experience in a H&S background
• Comprehensive knowledge of Hazardous Substance legislation and compliance
• Ideally, a Tertiary qualification in H&S is preferred but not essential
• Excellent organisational, relationship management, and customer service skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A mature approach, discretion, and sound judgment
• Intermediate skills with the full range of Microsoft Office applications
• Confident administration skills
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
• A great opportunity to make your mark in a growing and essential industry, DHL Supply Chain offers amazing career development (both locally and globally)
• Access to one of the most innovative and comprehensive “Certified International Specialist” training programmes in the world
• Join a Certified Great Place To Work
• Attractive salary, Monday to Friday role
• You’ll be part of a highly engaged diverse team of passionate people and experiences
• Access to a fast moving and innovative supply chain technology
• Work for a company who is committed to living responsibility which means not only adhering to ethical standards and norms but also social commitment and responsibility towards the environment
• Employee Assistance Programme available
• Opportunity to participate in initiatives such as our Women's Network and environmental initiative
• A supportive work environment where excellent work is rewarded.
• If you have a passion for delivering value to clients and leading effective teams to produce excellent results we would like to hear from you.
Do you have a Passion for Safety, strive to do things Right First Time, and have a Can Do attitude? If you are a high-calibre individual, looking for a new step in your career, this position could be the right move fo