· Established Australasian Company
· 100% family owned
· Invested in ongoing development
A values driven company who invest in their people requires a health and safety advisor to balance compliance with practical safety
About the role
A member of the People team, and reporting to the HR Manager, the Health and Safety Advisor will have primary responsibility for leading a positive and proactive safety culture while ensuring compliance and best practice at all times.
A newly established position, this is an opportunity to make the role your own, working with established systems to grow and develop practical processes and an engaged safety culture.
· Develop and maintain the safety management system
· Monthly board reporting
· Conduct and assist with investigations
· Advise on injury management
· Lead internal audits
· Develop company wide alerts and initiatives
· Manage safety committees and forums
· Develop and deliver health and safety training
Skills and experience
Excellent communication skills and proven ability in establishing solid relationships are key to this role, as is the confidence to work autonomously. You will have experience in working across all levels of an organisation, including reporting at Board level.
The successful candidate will exhibit natural mentoring expertise as well as being able to show proven experience in applying safety in a functional and practical way.
· Proven experience in a similar role and industry
· Formal NZ or Australian qualifications in occupational health and safety
· Experience with MANGO would be an advantage
· Familiarity with ICAM or similar
· Experience in developing and delivering HS training
· Experience in leading audits
· Solid administrative and IT skills
· Membership of a relevant professional body is desirable
About the company
Established in 1975, our client is a leading supplier of agricultural machinery throughout NZ and Australia. The largest family owned distribution network in Australasia, they service their clients from 31 locations across both countries, employing around 300 staff.
Recognising that people are the key to their success, this company is supportive of continued professional development, they encourage innovation and growth and are passionate about what they do
· Supported ongoing training and development
· Employee Benefits Program
· Collaborative and friendly team
· Bright, modern offices with carparking available
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Amanda on 424 8367 quoting reference #2990.
Not quite what you are looking for? Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz