Are you an experienced Health & Safety practitioner/professional with great networking skills, diplomacy and the confidence to liaise with government agencies and industry stakeholders? If you keep up to date with industry developments and relish the idea of having strategic input into the crucial OHS issues of our time, this exciting opportunity is for you. NZISM is looking for someone to join their volunteer-based Senior Leadership Team in a new role that offers valuable exposure and is expected to involve 40-50 hours work per year.
Voluntary - flexible 40-50 hours per year.
Honoraria payments provided and redeemable expenses.
Integral part of the NZISM’s supportive Senior Leadership Team.
The Government and Stakeholder Lead will develop and deliver an engagement strategy/business plan designed to:
- Develop strong relationships between NZISM and relevant government agencies and industry stakeholders (eg. WorkSafe, Govt Health & Safety Lead, MBIE).
- Position NZISM as a thought leader and the ‘go to’ organisation for comment and collaboration across all OHS matters.
- Increase NZISM’s engagement and participation in relevant industry stakeholder working groups.
- Influence agencies and stakeholders in respect of emerging issues, skills shortages, best practice and future policy.
- Enhance the profile of the profession and especially the value of accredited OHS practitioners and professionals.
- Establish NZISM as the profession’s preferred professional membership organisation.
- Proven record in leading significant projects.
- Ability to foresee issues and plan for contingencies.
- Self-aware, resilient, curious and courageous
- OHS management expertise.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills - tact, diplomacy, persuasion.
- Previous advocacy, political advisory or lobbying experience advantageous.
Application end date 1/10/2021.