* Invercargill Based
* Engaged and Supportive Board
* Key Member Senior Leadership Team
PowerNet manages the electricity distribution networks across Southland and most of Otago, delivering electricity to 70,000 customers, managing assets in excess of $700 million, annual turnover of $137 million and a capital programme in excess of $50 million per annum. PowerNet is the fourth largest network management company in New Zealand and has grown rapidly over recent years, amalgamating and integrating contracting companies into the business.
At PowerNet their people are committed to providing safe, efficient and reliable power to their communities across the lower South Island. They are an industry leader and as such innovation is at the forefront of their business where they are committed to emerging technologies and the impact this will have on improving the quality of life for their customers, communities and network.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive this senior role represents an excellent opportunity for an experienced health & safety leader to continue the drive for excellence in health and safety across the organisation. With solid foundations already in place and a highly supportive Board and Senior Leadership Team, significant progress has been achieved with the health and safety culture. This role requires ongoing engagement with a diverse workforce to continue building the skill base, competence and engagement across the organisation.
Successful candidates will have:
* Held a senior role and have an expert understanding of H&S, environmental and wider business risk, preferably from within manufacturing/heavy industry/energy/construction /high consequence environments.
* Extensive experience developing/executing strategy, policy and frameworks for health and safety and risk, alongside the development of operational plans.
* A track record of engaging successfully at executive level including monthly board reporting and HSE committee representation.
* Relevant experience working as part of a senior leadership team, and collaborating with operational management and a field-based workforce.
* A strong focus on the leadership and development of your team.
* Experience with change leadership, building momentum and fostering engagement as part of an ongoing commitment to the change journey.
* Exposure to environmental leadership, strategy development and implementation.
* A relevant tertiary qualification is desirable but not essential.
If you want to work for a progressive company who views people as their most valuable asset, who are committed to providing a caring team environment, a balanced approach to work and personal life, while encouraging professional and personal growth for everyone, then apply for this rewarding role now. To apply in strict confidence now, email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com quoting 513438ism. Applications close on 20 January 2019. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email. To view a position description, please visit the Job Search page at www.sheffield.co.nz.
For more information please phone Louise Green on +64 3 353 4367 or Rachel Brown on +64 3 353 4350.