• Are you experienced in managing resource consents and maintaining compliance?
• National role with growth
• Fantastic opportunity to work for an industry leader
Great job security and career development opportunities with a diverse business group.
What’s in it for me ?
Family-owned company, fast decision making, be the specialist in the Group, great leadership team and workplace.
Able to be out and about monitoring sites and enjoy the collegial environment in the office – this is not a work from home role.
About the role
Fabulous position based in Avondale with freedom to work outdoors doing what you love!
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the Environmental Manager will oversee and maintain compliance, RMA requirements and all Resource Consent conditions, and provide best-practice advice to the diverse Group on all resource management and environmental matters.
The role entails oversight for all environmental management for the Group and includes oyster farms, sand extraction, bulk distribution and quarry consents.
Duties will include:
• Assist sites with obtaining resource consents under the RMA
• Monitor and audit site compliance with resource conditions including regular inspections across sites
• Assist and advise site managers with matters relating to resource consents, wastewater issues and regional compliance standards
• Obtain and provide technical and professional advice to all stakeholders on improvements, consent renewals and non-compliance events
• Proactively improve environmental compliance including building stronger awareness of consent conditions and promote full compliance across the business
• Visit sites, engage with operational leaders and IWI and raise awareness
Skills and experience to include:
• Five years’ experience in environmental planning or similar
• Qualification in environmental engineering or resource management
• Previous experience in manufacturing, mining, shipping, consulting or a relatable commercial environment
• Dive ticket and boating experience would be an amazing advantage.
• Flexible with regards to the regular travel requirement to sites across New Zealand
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please contact Alison on 021 024 69661 quoting reference #3658.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
To apply directly to the edenfx website click here: https://edenfx.co.nz/job/environmental-manager-365...
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People