• Is Health and Safety your passion?
• Do you lead from the front and enjoy being hands on?
• Do you still have an eye for detail?
Passionate about EHSR excellence and ensuring a safe outcome? This might be the role for you!
About the company
Our client is a leading producer of market pulp, paper, and fibre-based packaging.
They are committed to delivering innovative, environmentally sustainable products, and working together to develop solutions that enhance the competitiveness of their customers.
About the role
Your role would be to provide leadership, advice, and assistance on EHSR matters to Packaging, Distribution Centres, Erecting Facilities and Customer sites where they have overarching responsibility.
You would be responsible for co-ordinating Environmental, Health, Safety and Risk programmes, policies and procedures and ensure these become integrated into the culture so that incidents are minimised, and company EHSR goals are achieved.
This is a hands-on role that includes seasonal travel around the South Island
Reporting to the EHSR Manager who is based in Auckland; this is an integral role responsible for the administration of all EHSR activities at their manufacturing site in Christchurch.
You will be primarily responsible for:
• Implementing, maintaining, and coordinating EHSR activities
• Providing injury management support
• Managing the EHSR Improvement Plan
• Training and developing the EHSR capability on site and to various off-site locations
Skills and experience
• 3 + years hands on EHSR/Compliance experience; within a medium to large manufacturing business.
• Sound EHSR knowledge of legislative requirements.
• Experience with Environmental Improvement Plans; Risk Continuation, Occupational Health and Safety, Process Safety, Emergency Preparedness and Site Security
• EH&S Certificate Level 3 minimum requirement or relevant tertiary qualification ideal.
• Passion for safety, innate leadership ability, and drive for change.
• Ability to influence people and communicate with a wide range of people
• Strong attention to detail, time management skills and analytical
• Ability to travel to off sites and conferences throughout the year
• Strong computer literacy
• A positive, supportive and professional work environment
• A competitive Salary in accordance with your qualifications and experience
• 7.5% Superannuation including Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, and Income Protection Insurance
• Car parking
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Samantha on 027 312 0898 quoting reference #3580.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
To apply directly to the edenfx website click here: https://edenfx.co.nz/job/environment-health-safety...
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People