• EHS civil construction or similar experience is highly desirable
• Qualified, with a genuine and engaging approach
• People management experience and mentoring skillset
Competitive package for this Regional EHS role.
Bring your EHS experience and work with a leading civil construction/infrastructure firm with a strong reputation for delivering high-quality projects across the region.
About the Company:
Our client organisation is a leading civil construction/infrastructure firm with a strong reputation for delivering high-quality projects across New Zealand. Their commitment to excellence extends beyond just the final product, they are also dedicated to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment for all employees, contractors, and visitors.
About the Role:
Seeking an experienced Environmental, Health and Safety Manager to join the team in Palmerston North and covering the Manawatu. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and fostering a positive health and safety within the operational environment, working with regional teams to upskill their knowledge and provide support, development, coaching and mentorship.
• Mentor and support your direct reports to ensure successful outcomes for themselves as well as the organisations goals.
• Develop, implement and manage EHS policies, procedures and programs to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and industry standards.
• Conduct regular EHS audits and inspections to identify potential hazards and implement corrective actions as required.
• Lead incident investigations and implement preventive measures to reduce the likelihood of recurrence.
• Develop and deliver, with your team, all EHS training programs for employees, contractors and visitors, to promote a culture of safety and health awareness.
• Collaborate with regional operational teams to provide support, development, coaching and mentorship, with a focus on continuous improvement of EHS performance.
• Ensure up-to-date EHS records are maintained, including incidents, audits and training.
• Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of EHS programs and initiatives, and make recommendations for improvement as required.
• Provide EHS advice and guidance to project managers, superintendents and other stakeholders as required.
• Significant experience in an EHS role (preference is Civils or similar), with a proven track record of success.
• Relevant tertiary qualifications in health, safety and environmental management.
• Proven experience leading and managing direct reports.
• Strong knowledge of relevant EHS legislation and industry standards.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to develop and deliver effective EHS training programs.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
What we offer:
• Competitive salary and benefits package.
• Opportunity to work with a leading company in a challenging and rewarding role.
• Support for continuous professional development and career growth.
• Friendly and inclusive work environment.
If you are an experienced EHS Manager with a passion for promoting safety and health in the workplace, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume in Word format and cover letter to us today.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #3706.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People