• Desirable North Waikato location
• Established and sustainable family-owned business
• Supported career development
Support safety in this well-established manufacturing environment. Hands on, practical support and coaching needed
About the company
Family owned and well established, our client is the supply partner of choice in NZ’s civil construction and infrastructure industry. Employing over 500 people across their organisation and with a nationwide network, the manufacturing side of their business has continued to expand.
Long term relationships and care for their people and community are central to every part of their business.
About the role
Site based, this role sits within the manufacturing unit of the business, with over 140 people on site and 24-hour operations. Reporting to the site manager, you will also be a part of a wider safety team based at other sites.
This role requires someone who can encourage standardisation and alignment with safety principles within the rest of the business. You’ll work with supervisors and team leaders to gain their understanding of working safely and mentor them as they implement ownership of safety within their teams.
• Ensure safety documents and records are maintained
• Assist with Wellbeing and Site Safety Programs
• Maintain VAULT system on site
• Maintain an internal audit schedule and assist with external audit
• Support health and safety reps and committee
• Support Injury Management and RTW programs
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will be a visible safety leader, not afraid to roll their sleeves up and get stuff done. Experience in a similar or industry related environment is an advantage. Your skills and experience will also include:
• Relevant OSH qualification
• ICAM certification
• Ability to present and communicate initiatives clearly
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of NZ legislation
• Experience in environmental management is an advantage
• NZ Citizenship, Permanent Residence or current Visa in place
Staff benefits include
• Annual health checks and initiatives
• Health insurance
• EAP services
• Retailer discounts
• Personal banking benefits
• Supported training and development
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Amanda on 021 0818 7342 quoting reference #3249.
Or apply on our website: https://edenfx.co.nz/job/ehs-advisor-3249-pokeno/
It is essential that applicants are NZ Citizens, Residents or already have the appropriate visa in place to be considered for this role.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People