Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
This is a unique opportunity to build on the valued role that the Government Health and Safety Lead (GHSL) performs across the public service. Established in 2017, the GHSL has established itself as a trusted and essential support for the sector.
Be responsible for providing strategic direction, leadership and operational management of the Government Health and Safety Lead (GHSL). The GHSL is hosted within the Ministry for Primary Industries. You will support the Director General, Ray Smith, in his role as the public service functional lead for Health and Safety.
This truly unique role provides you with the opportunity to:
- Lead the GHSL's engagement across 39 member agencies, as well as various stakeholders and partners, including unions, WorkSafe and other health and safety stakeholders
- Oversee a small and committed team with relevant H&S expertise
- Develop and deliver an annual work programme based on the needs of the sector and broad consultation.
This role represents an outstanding opportunity for an emerging leader to contribute to the wider public service, develop broad networks across the sector, work at a senior leadership level with chief executives and senior leaders, and exercise system leadership.
To find out more about GHSL and what we do please click here.
Mōu - About You
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A cooperative and collaborative work style and strong relationship building and management skills
- An understanding of the application of the Health and Safety work Act 2015 to public sector workplaces and the needs of different agencies
- Advanced communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to communicate complex issues to a range of stakeholders and audiences
- The ability to work effectively across H&S professionals, senior organisational leaders, stakeholders, and partners.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click https://careers.mpi.govt.nz/jobs/MPI21-1581341 or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers' portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
The closing date is 21ST November 2021
If you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process