All applicants will be required to provide proof of their eligibility to work in New Zealand.
• Organisation who is committed to delivering excellence
• Bring high energy and motivation for success
• Provide safety visibility in the Northern region
Salary in line with market.
Contribute to building health and safety capability - enable teams to thrive whilst performing their work.
About the company
Leading manufacturer and supplier of bitumen-based products and an innovator in the sustainable asphalt industry. Road network solutions are underpinned by industry-leading research, development and innovation, unique asset management tools and a commitment to safety, environment and sustainability through industry awarded Zero Harm programs.
Managing and maintaining more than 25,000 kilometres of road networks across New Zealand and the South Pacific - committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the means to be successful and providing you with an opportunity to add high value while experiencing long-term career growth.
About the role
Leading a Regional Zero Harm team in the Northern Region, you’ll champion the use of a collaborative and engaging approach to integrate HSE best practice disciplines into day-to-day work activities.
You will also work closely with the General Manager - Northern and Zero Harm National Operations Manager in terms of implementing health and safety strategies and embedding Zero Harm culture and initiatives into operational functions whilst supporting the changing needs of the business.
This role can be based in either Auckland (high preference for Auckland), Hamilton or Tauranga and cover the Northern region, where you will play a pivotal role in integrating health and safety into operational excellence within the Transport (road construction and maintenance contracts) business.
Taking those strategies, you’ll work closely with your team and the regional leadership team to implement and deliver those into the business.
You will be a trainer, coach, mentor and technical support expert.
Skills and experience
You will be an experienced, competent and qualified Health and Safety Professional - a natural leader and problem solver who uses their initiative and has excellent communications skills, a high EQ, and a proven examples of successfully engaging at all levels in a highly collaborative manner.
You’ll also bring with you:
• A relevant tertiary level qualification (preference is at Diploma level
• Environmental Management course attendance (highly desirable)
• Quality/Safety Lead Audit qualified (highly desirable)
• Lead ICAM Incident Investigator
• Demonstrated ability to lead and engage with operational teams.
• Demonstrated ability to guide and coach Managers, Supervisors, and operational teams on all aspects of safety management, system implementation and performance improvement opportunities.
• Initiative, motivation and outcome focussed. You can assess and initiate things independently, have a proactive drive and determination to make things happen.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne on 021 10 10 691 quoting reference #3858.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People