* Are you looking to gain or develop your experience in health and safety, and emergency management?
* Do you have great coordination or administration experience?
* Would you call yourself a self-starter who can manage a range of tasks?
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About Our University
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting a Team Coordinator to join the Safety, Risk and Assurance Team. The team is looking for a motivated self-starter to provide coordination of training, resources and projects which support effective health and safety, emergency management, and business continuity across the University. The role also provides operational and administrative support to ensure the smooth operation of the unit.
* Coordination of the University safety, risk and emergency management training programme
* Provide support and coordinate the University's safety and emergency volunteers including wardens, Health and Safety Representatives and the University Emergency Response team
* Ensure emergency resources across the University are well maintained
* Support and manage safety, risk and emergency projects as needed
* Contribute to day-to-day administration such as financial support and updating online information
Ō pūmanawa - About you
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your career in safety and risk? To understand how safety and risk processes are applied in a large organisation?
The team is looking for someone extremely organised and process-oriented, who can manage a range of tasks to support a high-performing team. You will need to be motivated with strong attention to detail, extremely effective time management and great forward planning.
You will need to be a self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and contribute positively to the team. You will need to keep a small office running with day-to-day administrative tasks, but also manage a range of safety, risk and emergency management projects.
Using your excellent coordination skills there is huge potential to develop and shape this role. You should have the ability to improve on current processes and move to automate existing systems.
* Proven experience in an administration or coordination role
* An organised and self-directed work ethic
* Ability to manage time and the ability to prioritise tasks
* Able to work well in a small team and build strong working relationships
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe - Why you should join our team
You would be joining a small tight knit team that will provide you with excellent support and opportunities to develop. The team is made up of Senior Advisors who are experts in their fields, and are self-motivated workers, but are also excellent at collaborating and supporting each other and the successful candidate. There is a flexible, positive working environment and great learning and development opportunities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in supporting a range of policy development, health and safety training, risk assessment and emergency management process for one of the two largest employers in the Wellington region.
Contact details for vacancy
If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Phil O'Connell, 0274542210, email@example.com. But applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important - Application Steps and information
Download and complete the University Application Form
Then, please combine your cover letter, CV and the University Application Form into a single file (preferably in pdf format).
Click Apply Now. Follow the process to enter your contact details and attach your combined file (CV, cover letter and the University application form) using the 'CV/Resume' button.
If you have any issues uploading your application, please email the completed application form, cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.
Applications close 14 August 2022.