• Health and Safety Specialist preference for an engineering background
• Iconic NZ company – family values
• Established and sustainable company
Seeking a solid Health and Safety Specialist/Business Partner with manufacturing experience to work in an operational safety role
This is a role for a Senior Safety Specialist/HS Business Partner who has experience and knowledge around all the risks you would expect in a large manufacturing environment. Familiarity with machine guarding, manual handling, LOTO, HSNO, contractor and traffic management are prerequisites for this role.
Working alongside operational staff, you will facilitate and support investigations, injury management and the maintenance of both online and paper-based safety systems (Eco Portal) and processes. Reporting to the site manager, you will lead site safety by example, following national safety initiatives, supported by the GM - Health and Safety, also based in Auckland.
• Provide influence, education and support on site
• Support and implement company safety initiatives
• Experienced in Machine Guarding, LOTO etc.
• Contractor management
• Chemical management
• Maintain safety management system and processes
To be successful in this role, you’ll be an excellent communicator and facilitator, with proven skill in managing your own tasks and time. Organised, with attention to detail and not afraid to jump in and get things done, while upholding company values, process and plans. You will be a real go getter, with great energy and adaptability with a dash of resilience thrown in.
• Engineering qualification is preferred
• Minimum Level IV Certificate in OSH
• Solid understanding of and experience within a manufacturing environment
• Experience with Eco Portal would be an advantage
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Knowledge and experience in Contractor Management
About the company
Well established and NZ owned, our client has 3 manufacturing sites in the North Island. With a low turnover in staff, people like to work here. Innovative in their thinking, they invest in both their equipment and their people.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via the edenfx website:
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place. We are unable to consider application for this role from overseas.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #3206.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz