* Report directly to the CEO - highly successful regional airline
* Promote best practice and provide visible and proactive leadership
* Experience in an operational aviation environment is required
Our client requires a Senior Safety Manager with significant experience working with key stakeholders to create, implement and drive the safety strategy
Our client operates a successful, reliable and safe regional airline, supporting the transportation of people and freight, as an integral service to many remote locations.
They place an emphasis on caring for their diverse workforce and actively participate in local communities to ensure sustainability and success.
The Safety Manager will report directly to the CEO, fulfilling the NZCAA Senior Person responsibilities, ensuring compliance of the Safety Management System required by CAR Part 119.79.
You will champion and support a sustainable culture, leading and promoting safety best practice and provide visible leadership and strategic speciality advice to all stakeholders, with an outcome focussed attitude and can-do approach.
Working collaboratively, this is an outstanding opportunity to drive improvements, ensure robust investigations and outcomes, demonstrating positive commitment, with a professional and organised approach.
* Responsible for the oversight and coordination of all SMS related policies, procedures and activities, along with the monitoring/audit process
* Provide a high level of management, mentoring and support to all stakeholders
* Assist with identifying safety responsibilities, accountabilities etc.
* Develop, implement and deliver the safety plan in a manner which engages, gains buy in and provides for a good depth of understanding at all levels
* Oversee all reporting and encourage proactive engagement
* Maintain audit standards
* Provide for solid communication and promotion of safety critical information
* Build robust relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external
* Ensure appropriate training is provided
* Manage from a risk perspective, ensuring best practice initiatives are researched and considered
Skills and experience
* Relevant HSE tertiary qualification (minimum Diploma level) plus advanced investigation techniques and auditing
* Extensive knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations
* Ability to provide significant safety leadership across a highly regulated industry
* Experience in working at senior level to drive safety improvements
* Strong ability to rapidly build rapport across the entire workforce
* Coaching/educating/mentoring and influencing skillset
* Outcome focussed, setting high standards for self and team
* High level of integrity, commitment and accountability
* Significant experience in a safety leadership role for medium to high risk industry (preference for aviation)
* Excellent computer literacy and high-level knowledge and experience with the implementation and maintenance of a Safety Management System
* Analytical, with great attention to detail
* Innovative with a positive approach to change
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via the edenfx website.
Applications are welcome from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Candidates must meet the immigration eligibility criteria to apply for this role – we welcome applications from returning Kiwis and those with the right to work.
Not quite what you are looking for? Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #2913.
edenfx HSE - New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialists
HSE People recruiting HSE People www.edenfx.co.nz