• Infrastructure and Property Focus
• Help lead the cultural transformation
• Challenging heavy industry environment
• Ambitious infrastructure development programme
About the Role:
The recent merger of the People and Safety team recognises the strong focus on culture and health & safety execution. The Senior Health & Safety Business Partner reports to the Head of Health and Safety, working closely to support staff at all levels across the Infrastructure and Property business unit.
Key responsibilities include:
• Providing senior leadership & expertise across the full range of the Health and Safety portfolio
• Building key stakeholder relationships and a trusted advisor to the Infrastructure and Property business unit
• Working closely with the GM of the business unit to develop and influence safety at all levels
• Improvement of H&S processes & systems, seeking opportunities to improve LPC’s H&S performance
• A high performing team member contributing to operational excellence in the People & Safety team.
This is a great opportunity based in Christchurch to be part of an iconic organisation, whose people speak about the pride and enjoyment they gain from working there.
Skills & Experience:
• Experience in a Health & Safety Business Partnership role at a senior level
• An understanding of Safety Two principles, with demonstrable success leading H&S performance
• Being able to communicate with care, influence, with a strong customer focus & proven experience building trusting relationships with stakeholders at all levels
• A track record working collaboratively achieving outcomes aligned with strategic goals
• Experience working in high performance and high engagement environments, preferably within port or heavy industry or manufacturing
• Comprehensive understanding of the NZ H&S legislation and regulations, plus experience leading risk management processes.
• Attractive remuneration package
• Be part of a journey of cultural transformation.
• Strong pride and history within the workforce
• Significant transformation & modernisation projects across the business
• An organisation that is a critical service and a fundamental part of the local community.
Te Ara Whakamua / Leading the Way
We are Lyttelton Port Company (LPC), the largest Port in the South Island, committed to Leading the Way for our people and our region. We are the international gateway for goods coming in and out of the region, facilitating the movement of $5.6 billion of exports and $4.8 billion of imports last financial year.
Who we are and what we’re here to achieve: this is an exciting time to join LPC. Our purpose is to facilitate the sustainable trade for Canterbury, with sustainability and the safety of our people at the centre of everything we do.
Our five-year plan is focused on delivering Sustainable Profitability that enables LPC to deliver customer, organisational cultural and commercial excellence. We are also committed to Whanaungatanga, working as One LPC Team where everyone can contribute to building a stronger LPC whanau together. We are also ensuring we are building Infrastructure for the Future – delivering sustained profitability and growth.
Candidates can apply, in strict confidence, online at www.sheffield.co.nz
To apply by email, please attach your cover letter and CV and send to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting 7593nzism. Applications close on 7 June 2021. Emails will be electronically acknowledged, and further correspondence may be by email.
For more information please phone Louise Green on +64 3 353 4367.