Do you enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic environment where no two days are the same? One where you can really influence change and make a difference?
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a full time, permanent Senior Health, Safety and Wellbeing (HSW) Advisor based in Masterton, to join our supportive and innovative regional HSW team.
In return you’ll get to work across our outstanding region and natural environments, with people who are passionate about what they do in an organisation that really cares about what matters most.
About Greater Wellington:
There's a lot more to us than meets the eye. Here at Greater Wellington, we're working on the big things that will impact everyone in our region. Ensuring we have uninterrupted access to drinking water, staying safe from the threat of flooding, protecting and enhancing the environment, improving the quality of our fresh water, ensuring we are all connected through our public transport network and planning ahead for the potential impact of climate change across our region. We're people who are genuinely passionate about the work we do, because we believe what we do counts.
We provide a diverse range of benefits including working options that help our staff balance their own lifestyle and needs with their work commitments. We're also all about growing our people through professional development and experience across everything the council does.
About the role:
Reporting to the Wellington based HSW Manger this role primarily supports our Wairarapa based functions to deliver on our vision of ‘Everyone, everyday home safe and well.’
Working with and alongside GW managers and staff, and our contractors and supply chain partners the role is responsible for:-
• Delivering timely and sound HSW operational technical advisory and support
• Building trusted relationships to promote effective and consistent HSW behaviours and risk management practices (with a focus on critical risk)
• Building organisational HSW capacity and capability
• Assisting in continual improvement of the HSW framework tools and resources
• Project work as required
• HSW assurance
• Ensuring legal and contractual obligations are met
Skills and experience required:
We’re looking for a solutions focused and hands on senior HSW advisor with solid experience in dynamic and fast paced environments.
To be successful in the role you will:-
• Have a tertiary, or other appropriate HSW qualification and 5+ years’ experience
• Understand current NZ Health and Safety legislation, Codes of Practice and best practice guidelines and how to apply them
• Be able to positively coach and influence change
• Understand the dynamics of working with contractors, and overlapping duties
• Bring highly developed customer service and business partnering skills
• Bring a pragmatic and can do approach
• Be agile, flexible and able to work autonomously as well as part of a team
How to apply:
Click on the link below to view the job description and to apply for the role with a cover letter and CV.
For further information, please contact Julie Barber, HSW Manager, on 021 580 927.
Applications close: 14 March 2021
Due to current border restrictions from the New Zealand Government we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are a New Zealand Citizen/Resident or who have already secured the right to work in New Zealand and hold a valid visa. For further information, please visit www.immigration.govt.nz