* High Risk Mining Industry – industrial OHS experience required
* Great role supporting the Health, Safety and Training Manager
* Ensure robust implementation and collaboration
Our client requires an experienced OHS Senior Advisor - high risk industrial background, with an exceptional and proactive can-do attitude.
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Health and Safety Advisor to work with their team at their mining operation in the South Island. They offer an unwavering commitment to the environment and to the host communities in which they operate.
This is a high risk / industrial role and they require a solid practitioner with industrial (preferably mining) experience. Someone who will really fit with their team and provide the level of support to all stakeholders in a practical, proactive and encouraging manner.
Reporting to the Health, Safety and Training Manager, you will collaborate with the OHS and Training Team and other departments to implement strategy and safety initiatives. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic by nature, outcome focussed, committed to continuous improvement, with a strong ability to provide innovative ideas.
An excellent communication style to engage all stakeholders is essential.
You will evaluate and report on the effectiveness of site occupational health and safety activities, review data and work practices relating to the competence and wellbeing of people, the integrity of equipment, safe handling of materials/substances and support the management of the OHS System, Standards and Procedures.
Duties, skills and experience required:
* Lead, advise and coordinate to ensure OHS success
* Assist to deliver the site health and safety strategic objectives to a fully integrated system
* Mentor, encourage and ensure all team members and key stakeholders have the necessary tools and information for safety success
* Relevant tertiary qualification (minimum Diploma level)
* Significant industrial/technical Health and Safety experience
* Excellent written and verbal communication skillset
* Auditing experience and qualification
* Solid understanding of legislation
* Outcome focussed and a natural problem solver
* Motivating, influential and engaging personality
* Practical by nature, with solid ability at leadership level
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via the edenfx website.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for? Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #2918.
edenfx HSE - New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialists
HSE People recruiting HSE People www.edenfx.co.nz