• Leadership role – safety and wellbeing subject matter expert
• Influence across multidisciplinary teams – electrical generation experience is preferred
• Significant experience required at a senior level – three direct reports
Influence, mentor and engage at all levels, to provide a high level of safety and wellbeing capability and understanding throughout the business.
About the company and role:
Based in Tauranga, our client operates a successful electrical generation and retail business in various parts of New Zealand.
You will lead the way to ensure a successful business partner model is achieved together with your three direct reports, as well as have significant interaction and engagement with all managers, team leaders and employees.
Reporting to the GM Strategy and Growth, the successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of legislation but more importantly a strong ability to influence and collaborate with key stakeholders from Board level to the Senior Leadership Team as well as external suppliers and agencies.
A key part of this role is building and maintaining key relationships, ensuring the all-important buy-in is gained through great collaboration, influence and education.
You will have a proven ability in building effective relationships to support a just safety culture and lead, mentor and manage your team members towards a high performing and proactive approach.
Management of critical risk in an influential and credible manner is a high priority for this position as is your proven ability to:
• provide consistent monitoring of safety programs
• report in a timely and accurate manner
• ensure contract management systems are robust
• further develop and maintain the incident management process
• work proactively with WorkSafe and provide information on notifiable incidents etc.
• mange and maintain a Public Safety System
• lead the deployment and embedding of the health and safety plans moving forward
• lead, manage and mentor team members
• collaborate to identify and develop solutions to potential safety and wellbeing risks
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will have significant experience in a leadership role (preference is within electrical generation or similar) and work in a proactive manner, providing the mentorship and leadership to team members as well as various internal stakeholders.
We anticipate you will have:
• Excellent working knowledge and understanding of current legislation
• A relevant tertiary qualification i.e. engineering/science degree along with safety
• Significant experience at a senior level in a similar environment
• Process improvement experience and the ability to effectively cope with and manage change
• Strong attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach
• Great relationship building skills, along with excellent communication – verbal/written
• Proven capability with innovative and proactive problem solving skills
• An energetic, go-getter personality who wants to make a difference
The successful applicant is most likely to be registered with a relevant professional body and undergoing CPD, along with being well networked within New Zealand safety circles.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #3270.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People