• Excellent long-term role – proven experience required
• Partner with all managers and staff – using influence, coaching and mentoring
• Positive and energetic team with great work ethic
Support Safety and Wellbeing objectives, key priorities and deliverables across multiple sites
About the role
Supporting the Safety and Wellbeing Manager, this role is responsible for the daily operational management of the Safety and Wellbeing portfolio throughout the organisation, providing a supportive function and utilising your outstanding communication skillset in this multi-site role.
Partnering with key stakeholders, as an influencer, you will be the educator, engager and influencer with a focus on positive intent and the benefits of a safe and well workforce.
Working collaboratively, you will provide the coaching and guidance – providing sound leadership advice and assisting with the identification of risks, managing investigations and promoting safety and wellbeing practices, plus much, much more.
• Provide the leadership and accurate advice to employees, managers and senior management
• Regularly review the safety and wellbeing systems
• Actively drive the employee participation programme
• Ensure Managers are equipped with the required safety and wellbeing knowledge, tools and processes in order to be successful
• Monthly and annual reporting, feeding into executive
• Ensure best practice and leading research is promoted and incorporated into planning
• Maintain effective relationships with all key stakeholders
• Provide the education to all staff in their area of responsibility to involve them in the hazard and risk management processes
• Identify relevant training as required
• Ensure accidents/incidents are reported as soon as possible, with investigations and reporting completed and recommendations considered and actioned in a timely manner
• Trend analysis and reporting is also an essential part of this role
Skills and experience
You will have a motivated and outcome focused attitude, with the experience to provide accurate information and advice in a proactive manner.
Your experience in a multi-site environment will assist you with prioritising your day/week and your innovative approach will enable you to exercise the judgement required when providing solutions to issues.
• Tertiary qualified in Health, Safety and Wellbeing
• Full driver’s license
• Experienced in multi-site environment
• Working knowledge of the NZ legislation
• Health and environmental monitoring experience
• Proactive and responsive attitude with a focus on internal and external customer needs
• Highly developed interpersonal and relationship skills
• Ability to innovate and to question the status quo
• Adaptable, flexible and highly invested in successful outcomes
• Analytical with a strong ability in meaningful report writing
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via the edenfx website:
Registration with a relevant professional body and/or undergoing CPD is expected.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Candidates must meet the immigration eligibility criteria to apply for this role – we welcome applications from returning Kiwis and those with the right to work.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #3186.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People