• Flexible working
• Career development and training
• Great benefits package
Champion operational excellence in safety and compliance.
About the company
A joint venture between one of the largest energy companies in the world, and a leading global engineering solutions company. Established in 1999, they have over 20 years’ experience in providing fuel terminal services in 8 regional locations across New Zealand and are renowned for their expertise in the industry, and their proactive safety culture.
Their services include managing and maintaining the bulk fuel storage facilities, including project management of design and construction work. The central office is based in Wellington, providing Engineering, Risk & Compliance and Corporate services support across the organisation.
About the role
Based in either Wellington or Christchurch, the Risk and Compliance Advisor supports and champions operational excellence in safety and compliance. The Advisor provides guidance and support to ensure HSSE activities are compliant and drives continuous improvement in safety.
The HSSE framework includes: Safety Management System, Major Hazard Facility Safety Cases and Major Accident Prevention Policies, Control of Work, Process Safety and other quality management elements.
The role is part of the Risk and Compliance team who provide technical support and assurance to the business, providing practical and best practice advice, systems, and tools, with development and coaching as required.
The Advisor roles focus on machine/equipment safety and product/process safety. This is unique and exciting role in a high hazard working environment.
• Provide HSSE & Risk expertise across the business
• Manage, support and monitor Risk and Compliance framework and programmes
• HSE Reporting
• Relationship Management
• Ensure the Values for No harm, safety and efficiency is applied consistently to all aspects of operations and engineering
• Ensure all incidents are reported and investigated in accordance with procedures.
• Compliance with HSSE, quality and engineering standards and legislative requirements for all aspects of engineering works
Skills and experience
Ideal candidates would be generalist but with a strong leaning towards high hazard. Preferably a construction or engineering background would be best suited.
• At least 3 years proven experience as a HSSE practitioner, including process safety and risk management
• Sound understanding of health, safety and environmental regulation
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, and well developed verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to build rapport and maintain constructive and effective relationships.
• The ability to educate and coach people in workplace safety.
• Experience with IT systems used for risk management or safety systems.
• National Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety (Level 4) or equivalent experience.
• Flexible working environment including working from home
• Commitment to professional development and training
• Competitive salary with KiwiSaver employer 4% contribution
• Group insurance including medical insurance with Southern Cross
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Samantha on 027 312 0898 quoting reference #3591.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People